Claims, Blewett pass, gold prospecting question!

Malkiha

Greenie
Mar 8, 2012
Maple Valley
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew how to tell if a certain spot has been claimed(and i mean besides looking for obvious claim signs!) I really wanna get up on Blewett Pass and creeks like Peshastin and the likes but im afraid of driving all the way up there and setting up on someones claim! I went to swauk creek last year and prospected right before the signs saying you are leaving the pass and entering that flatter stretch before Leavenworth. I didnt see any signs, and was really worried i was on someones claim, but i had made the trip so ....w/e. Ive dont reseach, but cant seem to find any mineral rights data bases online. Any help would be appreciated! And if anyone wants to plan a day trip up prospecting, im game. Ty

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
just join bedrock prospecting club for $35 a year and you & your woman can go up there as much as you want in a year.

I will be up there all day tomorrow on old blewett road.
Randy.

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
if you head over to blewett today (Sunday) with all your panning gear i will have you be my guest, no better way to get someone to join the club than have a crack at the gold first.
just look for a little white ford ranger and ask around for Randy. i will have the big 44 magnum on my hip (for bear & cougar) and camoflauge hat.

OP
OP
Malkiha

Malkiha

Greenie
Mar 8, 2012
Maple Valley
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
imma have to take you up on that offer!!! just cant today :( work to late to get over there to make it worth wild, when you going next? i would totally be down for a day trip man. Ty so much!

OP
OP
Malkiha

Malkiha

Greenie
Mar 8, 2012
Maple Valley
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
was wondering what you were doing this weekend? i have friday afternoon, sat and sunday off. looking to go prospecting if weathers bad, Md, or prospecting if weather is good! let me know

flowers

Apr 12, 2013
seattle.wa
Detector(s) used
white-mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old blewett road
i went up there last month to check if the road was open.
it was closed
i want to hike up a creek to old abandoned clams this summer.
if the road is open

OP
OP
Malkiha

Malkiha

Greenie
Mar 8, 2012
Maple Valley
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that sounds awesome! i love hiking to the harder to reach places, i seem to have way better luck. Everyone trys the Raging river and does "ok" but i hiked a little further and found a spot where nobody had prospected before, pulled a quarter ounce vial out of it in 1 summer going 2twice a week just using my bazooka sluice. Goes to show that a little hike can make a big difference!

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Malkiha,

Prospectors Plus in gold bar has a handful of claims in the Liberty area also. I plan to get over that way soon. I would love to pick your brain on the Bazooka some time I am thinking of ordering one soon. I love my gold cube but like yourself I like to get off the beaten path and the battery is a kill joy for that.

All the Best,
John

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good afternoon John, I dunno if he'll see your post since his was over a year ago. Might wanna try messaging him. I've also been considering joining prospectors plus and I have a BGT so if you guys plan to go out I'd love to join.

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Luke,

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't notice the year. I will give you a heads up when I make a plan for Liberty and if you are interested in either of the Hwy 2 claims I will be doing one of those soon.
I think Prospectors plus hosted the miners rally on one of their claims in Liberty last year and they had claims open to visitors during that time, just FYI it's in August.

All the best
John

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sorry for not relying sooner guys.

I now have access to around ten claims on scotty creek road (old blewett pass highway).

I'm a truck driver, so with that. summer is a really really busy time for me at work as we haul all the fish that comes down by barge from alaska.
i think i got to go gold finding only a couple times, and only last minute decisions to go at that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread