Going to give it a go Tues. the 8th at the beach...

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The weather looks ok and I've got the itch.
I'm taking the cube to Long Beach to sift some sand in the morning south of the Seaview approach.

Hopefully lots of black sand will have built up from the last storm.
It's not a matter of if, but how much color I can capture :headbang:

Go get 'em Mike, and keep us posted on how ya do!

I've done some panning down on my beach (on the Skagit) and so far have come
up with zip visible gold, but loads of black sand. Once my Miller Table is complete
I'd like to try some beach sand and see if there's anything 100 mesh or smaller in it.

Would take me awhile to save up for a Gold Cube, but it might be worth it if there's
enough small gold to be found. How small of gold (in your opinion) will the Gold Cube
hang on to?

Last edited:
OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, it was worth the money to me and a 3 tier unit is about all you need, just don't overfeed, like all gold equipment (watch the videos). As for paying for itself...It will eventually. It all depends on how often you use it, how rich the sand is and how much gas you buy getting there. For me, it's just about seeing the golden smile, thick or thin.

I love my cube......It get's gold down to minus eye sight. You can't go wrong right out of the box..... The only downside is it's designed for small gold only.

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
How did it go on the beach? I posted some pic's of short runs on the miller table from Waddell creek con's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread