Doing a little first time prospecting

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally broke down and picked up a sluice, classifiers, pans and some other gear. Also downloaded the gold/fish regulations and started reading.

So if I understand it right, you can prospect any Washington water way (except lakes and salt water) as long as you are only using hand tools, any time of year. You only have to use the date ranges if you are running equipment like dredges, etc.

Am I reading this correctly?

Also, I am looking at heading up the hwy 2 corridor to hit the Wallace falls area. How does it work if you are working the river in a park area?

Any info appreciated.

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
There is a lot to know if you plan to be successful in your quest for gold. I recommend joining one of the local clubs, or join GPAA.

Going with someone else has several advantages. You will avoid making mistakes like taking gravel off the bank of the river to pan. You will be safer. It is easy to fall and get hurt. Trying out your pan and sluice in an area where there is gold will allow you to learn the best techniques for panning and running a sluice. Unless you know where the pay-dirt is located you will come up empty handed.

Prospecting in some parks is prohibited. Some areas on National Forest or BLM land is claimed. It is a good idea to check to see who owns the land before doing any panning or sluicing.

Good luck!

Mr. Magoo

Feb 5, 2007
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you still in lynnwood area? I'm in mill creek and looking for someone to do some prospecting with. I have mon and Tuesday's off. Hit me up if you want to get together.
Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread