Is anyone out there?......... or am I alone here, talking to myself again. ......

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Metal detecting, gold mining, story telling or just plain bs'ing...... where are the Washington hunters?
I know you're out there...I see you lurking! Come on, post something, ask questions, invite a future friend to a hunt or just say hi.

I've been more about gold for a while and would like to meet others of the same in the s.w. but still have my Whites Spectrum XLT in the closet just waiting for an invite....or to meet up for a group hunt of some kind on the west side. I might have 1 or 2 old places (gold prospecting or md'ing) in mind if enough people respond to make it fun.

COME ON, SAY HELLO

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
You can talk to yourself and you can answer yourself but you can't say "What!" because then you weren't listening to yourself

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To each his own, but for me, the main draw of treasure hunting is the solitude and isolation..."silence is golden".

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy,

I'm in NW Washington but I made my first trip to Cape Disappointment over Easter weekend. I did get some gold but the treasure was the trip. Super fine but still has great character if you look close! image.jpg

All the best,
John

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in Montesano. It's been a few years since I've used my detector but I might be ready to get out with it somewhere.

John, what kind of magnification is that picture? I've hit that beach several times and always get the golden dust from my sluice. I use to use my Gold cube but have since made a 2' wide x 3' long sluice using vortex mat........and what a pain to clean the cons up with a pan and my miller table takes forever as well, but gold is gold! and it all adds up....slowly in this case. I like Waddel cr. these days, the stuff is small but looks huge compared to the beach stuff and closer to home for me.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Bremerton here. I normally work in town (which is not in any way conducive to non-jewelry silver might I add, before we go further) but I'm willing to travel. Likewise, I'm willing to host a traveller. It's been a working class town from the start and I'm surprised to have found the good stuff that I have, but I get a kick out of pulling the goods that others have walked over.

And yes, I'm still active. It will take me a decade or more to check all of the public land here, never mind the permission sites. To be honest, I don't like hunting this time of year. Too many people around. I prefer the winter when I have everything to myself, the ground's more conductive, and there are no worries about keeping plugs healthy.

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Mike,
I bought a little USB microscope from Amazon. It is great for evaluating heavy sands and all the rocks that look like they have free milling gold in them. Of course it's also good for coins, electronics that I work on and a million other things. The crazy thing is its 10 to 150 power, lighted,has a measuring feature down to .01mm and I paid $30 for it. My gold cube recovers gold down to .03mm from the beach sand at Cape Disappointment. I'm going to the Skykomish river tomorrow if I do any good post some pictures.
[ATTACgH=CONFIG]1015735[/ATTACH]
image.jpg

All the Best,
John

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 119

Biblescholar

Mar 10, 2015
Lacey Wa
Detector(s) used
Fortune Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in Lacey lived in Aberdeen 17 Years retired SFC army looking for someone to help me get started in MT never get an answer for this question

GOLD 72

Jul 24, 2015
CD Obregon Sonora Mex.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Colorado Gold Sticks Discovery Treasure Finder 900
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
hellow i have some 4 shure spots if any 1 is interested in a treasure hunt i will take u untill we find 10 gold coins each . i have a Whites XLT and Colorado gold sticks but i cant seem 2 make the gold sticks work 4 me and the Whites dont hav the depth it; needs 2 b 2 meters down with des. .if u decide ur interested i will also share some imfo and take u 2 a sweet place 2 hunt this is a shure thing i live in CD. Obregon Sonora Mex. if ur interested in a treasure hunt of a life time leave me a message and we;ll go from there good luck God bless

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
hellow i have some 4 shure spots if any 1 is interested in a treasure hunt i will take u untill we find 10 gold coins each . i have a Whites XLT and Colorado gold sticks but i cant seem 2 make the gold sticks work 4 me and the Whites dont hav the depth it; needs 2 b 2 meters down with des. .if u decide ur interested i will also share some imfo and take u 2 a sweet place 2 hunt this is a shure thing i live in CD. Obregon Sonora Mex. if ur interested in a treasure hunt of a life time leave me a message and we;ll go from there good luck God bless
Are these spots in Washington? Otherwise you posted in the wrong thread. Also most of us don't like cell phone text abbreviations.

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks to be in Mexico. It's just a little too far for me to drive down for the day :laughing7:

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Sorry Mike I've been dredging my butt off since the 3rd week of July. I joined the WPMA and Bedrock Prospectors. Wow both clubs are full of great people. I just got home from the Liberty Miners Rally and now it's back to side job for 9 months. Only working my true love on short days and weekends. I have some cleaning to do but I will post more pictures later.

Attachments

• 1440388043521.jpg
    1440388043521.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 100
  • 1440388085139.jpg
    1440388085139.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 90

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread