Advice on setting up a 2" dredge

Washington Gold

Oct 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John! You have the EXACT same dredge setup as I do. I also bought the jet setup where the pressure hose is at the handle - and then modified it:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/d...nozzle-built-my-own-works-amazingly-well.html

it blows out the gold MUCH much less than the setup you currently have - this happens in a BIG way when you lift it by accident out of the water. I men it just RIPS the gold and everything out

Washington Gold

Oct 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, come up as a guest next week on our claim on the Peshastin - I get gold every time. We can dredge all winter until Feb 28th, then the invisible fish lay eggs and we can't dredge. Realistically can fully dredge until about Thanksgiving

Change the oil about each 3 or so times you go - it gets dirty. Just open the fill plug and tip it - done! Fairly quiet motor and made incredibly well, isn't it?

LRC253, let's head out sometime. I'm up in Kirkland

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think John overhauled that stock setup as well. Yea I'm up for that, water is getting cold though... not sure how much of dredging season is left. My 3mm wetsuit just gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

OP
OP
Jjhall68

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Washington GOLD,
I would love to come out sometime. I somehow missed this message so I will send you a PM as well.
I have seen what that looks like when starting up the dredge, it would drive me nuts if that happened after I had been running. I traded my green carpet out for miners moss over Nomark rib-matt and I don't think I'm missing much, most of what I get is very fine gold but it all adds up.
Kai, turned me on to a place to pick one of those nozzles up and I may do so this winter.
LRC253 and I went out in some pretty crazy weather/water and the river was so high we could only run one piece of equipment (200' rule) with the spots we had available. His 4" triple gets everything including the shadows left by the gold, lol I was very impressed. My 2" stood watch in the truck but we had a great time. See attached photo of clean up. image.jpg

Thanks for the invite,
John

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread