looking for places for gold

LJHanley06

Aug 19, 2006
Petrie...where are located in Washington? I would start with a copy of your Washington Atlas & Gazateer...page 17 (at least in my copy)...List for Rockhounding sites as follows:

Baker Lake south of Mt. Baker in Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest...agates and jasper
Crystal Mountain in Wenatchee National Forest...agates, jasper and quartz

Gold...that is another story alltogether...Gold is where you find it and the only place I have found any is in one of my molars...LOL

stories about a ledge of gold dust along Naselle River (North of Columbia River)...three feet wide and 300 feet long .5 miles from US 101 along the beach at Chitlow (sp?) Harbor Peninsula...for that matter...anywhere a river spills into the Pacific Ocean...look for ledge of black sand and you might find some fine flour gold...probably would need to chemically extract it.

Lost Spaniard Mine at the head waters of the Lewis River in Skamania County...Mt. Adams

Surveyor Creek Placers in Yakima County on the Res

...only certain time of year you can sift for placers depending on where you are...seems to be a whole lot of nonsense to me...hope this helps...Google "Gold and Washington"...glean through the hits and good luck...

...remember that Gold is where you find it, and wherever you find Gold you will always find black sand (placers), but wherever you find black sand you MAY NOT find any Gold.

OP
OP
petrie

petrie

Mar 27, 2007
thanks for the info i really appretiate it!!!!!

petrie

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
Morse Creek on Chinook pass, above the hiway bridge, Yakima River below mouth of Morse Creek, all the way thru' the Ellensburg Canyon, Naches River, all the way down. Swauk Creek up at Liberty,

OP
OP
petrie

petrie

Mar 27, 2007
Paul!! i am around the lakewood area!! but i can travel a little bit to go to places!! thanks!

petrie

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
North Fork & South Fork of the Snoqualmie River.......Raging river......Sultan River....to name a few. Make sure to get a copy of the "Fish & Gold" book, and keep it with you when your out (Law says you gotta have it with you) Watch your seasons (Guess maybe those nuggets need time to reproduce?). Most areas open July 1st, but there are a few that open June 1st. I am thinking of going to a hot spot I know of in North Bend the first of June, let me know if your interested.

Paul

Russell

Tenderfoot
Mar 27, 2007
Hi Russ hear i live in Orting W.A. where would there be a good place to go to look for gold around my area ? is Fairfax WA a good place to go? please let me know.thanks

Reaper

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2007
There are many old mines in Darrington, WA. I lived there for five years and still have memories of gold dust sparkling in the sun on the ground near a creek in my backyard. It used to be a gold mining town but is now a logging town. Many of the mines were condemned and closed to the public before all the gold was mined. However unless you have mining experience and can get permission then I wouldn't go poking around... However it is a good place to user a MD, I found a nugget worth a little over $200 in my own backyard! And I've heard stories of even better finds.

Note, DO NOT enter ANY Darrington mines unless you know EXACLY what you are doing! Many of the mines were condemned for good reason! Make sure someone ALWAYS knows where you are and when you should be back!

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
Practice your gold panning on the Raging River where I-90 bridges the stream. Have your booklet with you.

huckster

Sep 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello im just just getting started and not sure where to start looking what i should have or what is needed day by day im getting more and more interested in finding gold and coins and stuff along thouse lines if anyone has any tips for me or would like to help me a bit on what to do and how to start please let me know thank you and one mopre thing what is the book i was just reading about above about fish and gold any ideas like i said im just getting started and dont have anything but a shovel any pointers would help ty

thumper7813

Mar 31, 2013
kelso wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter / White's Coin master GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm trying to find the spot on the columbia river for prospecting

Yuriy B

Aug 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any good places for gold prospecting around the Tri-Cities? Or the south-eastern corner. Thanks.

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Yuriy B I've panned Asotin Creek and had good luck there is a camp ground on the creek looks more like a gravel parking lot park there and go into the creek its been a few years ago and only panned a couple hours as I was there for turkey hunting not gold panning as my dad quickly pointed out when he finally found me lol.

stevena

Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
question for you. I have been prospecting in the Chinook pass area for a while and have found gold in 2 areas. Devil Creek, and Morse Creek on the 410. Now one day I went to Tims ponds on the highway 12 just to look around and under a rock on Tieton River I found a very large flake. Is there any known mines in that area or reason that it may have been there?
Just seems Strange to me.

Thanks for your help.

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
If your in that area check out the S. Fork of the Tieton above the big falls you might find a picker or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions