Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mar 2007

looking for places for gold

if anyone could help me! i am looking for creeks mines and such for gold and gems if anyone has any info please let me know!! it would be grealty appretiated!! thanks

petrie

Aug 2006

Re: looking for places for gold

Petrie...where are located in Washington? I would start with a copy of your Washington Atlas & Gazateer...page 17 (at least in my copy)...List for Rockhounding sites as follows:

Baker Lake south of Mt. Baker in Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest...agates and jasper
    Crystal Mountain in Wenatchee National Forest...agates, jasper and quartz

Gold...that is another story alltogether...Gold is where you find it and the only place I have found any is in one of my molars...LOL

stories about a ledge of gold dust along Naselle River (North of Columbia River)...three feet wide and 300 feet long .5 miles from US 101 along the beach at Chitlow (sp?) Harbor Peninsula...for that matter...anywhere a river spills into the Pacific Ocean...look for ledge of black sand and you might find some fine flour gold...probably would need to chemically extract it.

Lost Spaniard Mine at the head waters of the Lewis River in Skamania County...Mt. Adams

Surveyor Creek Placers in Yakima County on the Res

...only certain time of year you can sift for placers depending on where you are...seems to be a whole lot of nonsense to me...hope this helps...Google "Gold and Washington"...glean through the hits and good luck...

...remember that Gold is where you find it, and wherever you find Gold you will always find black sand (placers), but wherever you find black sand you MAY NOT find any Gold.

Mar 2007

thanks for the info i really appretiate it!!!!!

petrie

us
    Barber

Jun 2005
    Yakima,WA
    XTerra 70 Xterra 705
    3 times

Morse Creek on Chinook pass, above the hiway bridge, Yakima River below mouth of Morse Creek, all the way thru' the Ellensburg Canyon, Naches River, all the way down. Swauk Creek up at Liberty,

Oct 2005
    Washington State
    DFX
    3 times

if you can let me know where you are, and what your looking for, I can probably help get you to it.

Paul
    Friendship is like peeing your pants....... everyone can see it, but only you
    can feel the true warmth.

Mar 2007

Paul!! i am around the lakewood area!! but i can travel a little bit to go to places!! thanks!

petrie

Oct 2005
    Washington State
    DFX
    3 times

North Fork & South Fork of the Snoqualmie River.......Raging river......Sultan River....to name a few. Make sure to get a copy of the "Fish & Gold" book, and keep it with you when your out (Law says you gotta have it with you) Watch your seasons (Guess maybe those nuggets need time to reproduce?). Most areas open July 1st, but there are a few that open June 1st. I am thinking of going to a hot spot I know of in North Bend the first of June, let me know if your interested.

Paul

Feb 2007

Paul,I'd be interested also,thanks,Mel

Oct 2005
    Washington State
    DFX
    3 times

I'll have to check my regs, but i think I may be able to put something together for an outing of sorts.

Paul

Mar 2007

sounds good just let me know !!! thanks

Mar 2007

Hi Russ hear i live in Orting W.A. where would there be a good place to go to look for gold around my area ? is Fairfax WA a good place to go? please let me know.thanks

Dec 2007

There are many old mines in Darrington, WA. I lived there for five years and still have memories of gold dust sparkling in the sun on the ground near a creek in my backyard. It used to be a gold mining town but is now a logging town. Many of the mines were condemned and closed to the public before all the gold was mined. However unless you have mining experience and can get permission then I wouldn't go poking around... However it is a good place to user a MD, I found a nugget worth a little over $200 in my own backyard! And I've heard stories of even better finds.

Note, DO NOT enter ANY Darrington mines unless you know EXACLY what you are doing! Many of the mines were condemned for good reason! Make sure someone ALWAYS knows where you are and when you should be back!

us
    Apr 2009

I would certainly be interested in any areas for metal detecting around Snoqualmie and North Bend.

Mar 2003
    111 times

Practice your gold panning on the Raging River where I-90 bridges the stream. Have your booklet with you.

Sep 2012
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    hello im just just getting started and not sure where to start looking what i should have or what is needed day by day im getting more and more interested in finding gold and coins and stuff along thouse lines if anyone has any tips for me or would like to help me a bit on what to do and how to start please let me know thank you and one mopre thing what is the book i was just reading about above about fish and gold any ideas like i said im just getting started and dont have anything but a shovel any pointers would help ty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors