Are you getting any?????

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With all this fine weather we've had this year someone must be out there doing some digging for yellow metal.

I've only been out once so far but have been busy putting a 2.5" packable dredge together.....Thanks Kai, it's all your fault! Seeing you laying in the river on a hot August day looks a lot better than shoveling gravel into a highbanker.

I'm hoping the whole unit will be light enough for me to pack it to some good looking spots that Sal and I saw when we were out last time.

If anyone is interested in building a small dredge, I have a thread going on the dredge/highbanker forum at the main gold prospecting forum.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/d...lly-started-work-quad-jet-step-step-pics.html

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going out this weekend on some club claims and then doing some testing/recon on some tough to reach spots. Curious to see how the creeks are looking up north a bit and want to play with some new prospecting gadgets.

Great work on the dredge! I have a feeling it will be next on my list of inevitable things I need.

Happy hunting!

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Echoplex beware the $5 gold pan is the gateway drug to a $5000 5" to 4" reduction, blaster nozzle, over under sluice, air for 2 divers w/ air chisels. Dredge build Just sayin....

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sal and I spent 2 hrs prospecting Cedar cr. and found nothing :dontknow: so we went on up to Waddell cr. 1st place is our usual spot and it was closed due to timber work until the 29th....turned around and went to a different different camp and dug for a few hrs for a small pinch. Very surprised how much the river changed from last year, a whole new channel below M.M. campground ???

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got the dredge done and am ready for August. I'll probably only go locally until I'm sure everything is good. I wish something was open so I could do some real tests on the river. Dredging my buddies pool just don't cut it :laughing7:

Isn't anyone getting out? It's been too damn quiet here for quite some time! :dontknow:

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Hey Mike there is one stream open year round I think it's Pierce county you could at least run it and see if it all works.

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Page 30 G&F Pierce County Cayada Creek - Upstream of the falls open January 1st -December 31st I have heard from several friends that it's similar gold as on Waddell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread