Anybody use one of these?

Serenenomad

Greenie
May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold-filter1.jpeg

VB fine gold recovery? anyone have experience with this unit?
Worth the investment for western WA gold?

Last edited:

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not familiar with this particular unit but a miller table is great for cleaning your cons once classified way down and taking your time to spoon feed it......... and Washington has lot's of fine gold. Unfortunately that's about all we have.

Do a search for DIY or home made miller tables. Cheap and easy to build.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Serenenomad

Serenenomad

Greenie
May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will have to look into that Mike....thanks.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miller table's are tried and true and a great option. In an effort to reduce prospecting equipment and cost, I am currently looking into some custom Gold Hog washer matting for my mini banker, which is a fraction of the price (thanks arizau for the idea). All I need to do is set up my mini banker as a recirculator, add the washer mat and process my cons to a super concentrate. From there I don't mind using a finishing pan. If that doesn't pan out then I'll look back into miller tables.

Gold Washer Mat - Concentrator Sluice Mat

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use my miller table mainly for the finest of fine gold, like for -100 mixed with fine black sand when I go to the coast with my Gold Cube. That stuff is extremely hard to pan clean.
I built a 2.5" dredge this winter that has Gold Hog mat in it. I'll probably pan the big 50+ stuff and then everything smaller will go on the table. My table has chalk board paint on it right now, but I bought a roll of rubber mat to put in it that is the same as what's in the black magic clean up sluice to see if it works even better and faster.

OP
OP
Serenenomad

Serenenomad

Greenie
May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about making a miller table....either recycle a piece of actual chalkboard or pick up a hobbico mat.
Would like to know you results echo...as I am not a fan of the extra work to classify down my material.
I have 26 yrs as a machinist and tool designer. ....hope I can fab up something halfway decent. My problem is my perfectionist trait.
Hope to see pics of what you guys come up with:thumbsup:

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Washer mat looks promising on the videos I've seen and also know a guy who is pretty impressed by them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread