Im a dredge virgin and cant wait for Aug. 1st.....

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where are you going to start out Mike?
I'm really interested in seeing your dredge run.
All the best,
John

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going to work Waddell because it's close to home. Until I get a good handle on dredging and proving the equipment, I won't be going far.

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got out on the 3rd to try my hand.....and I liked it. I went solo and only ran hard for 2 hrs. Everything worked great but being by myself, I didn't get to do a lot of adjustments. I did get some gold but I'm not going to do a final clean-up till the season is over. I only did a couple quick pans and saw the yellow stuff with some black sand. I knew this would be a low capture, higher education class aka, dredging 101. DSCF0003.JPG

Last edited:

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is so cool!
I know how much I like running mine I can only imagine how much more satisfying if I had built it.

I hope to catch up with you soon.

John

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm going to try another area on Waddell next week with my friend Sal, so I should be able to dial things in better. Come on down, will probably be Tues and or Weds on the creek.

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, going Tues. for sure. Will see about Weds. after Tues. body damage assessment :dontknow:

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went to the creek today for more testing and adjusting. Finally getting things looking good on the gold hog mat's. Lot's of black sand and a little bit of gold. Next week we'll try a different spot on the creek where we know more gold is hiding. We didn't want to waste time in good areas while getting the proper angle and flow figured out.
Sorry no cleanup pics of gold, we're saving all the cons after a quick pan to check things out, then into the bucket. Final cleanup this winter will be fun.
DSCF0020.JPG
Getting down and dirty....
DSCF0022.JPG

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can you still hit Waddell until 2pm?

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Waddell wasn't on the emergency list. Closest closure is Black River that the Waddell dumps into. It didn't say anything about tributaries of the Black.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions