Newbie wants to know... Where do you hunt in WA?

PilchuckPete

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Still shopping for one!
Howdy gang! I'm new :D

I've been researching this here game of MD-ing... Just where do most of you guys use your metal detectors?

I see that there are numerous laws, by-laws, and "don't do its" concerning where and when to hunt with your MD in Washington (and other states...)

I live in Arlington, just north of Everett and Marysville...

I have never seen anyone (ever) hunting with a metal detector in any of the parks or beaches or streets! Maybe I just haven't been there at the right time?

So how'z about a few antidotes and hunting tales from good ol' Washington State to inspire my MD wannabe hobby!

I'm not looking for yer secret fishing hole as it were... Just where "in general" so ta speak!

Thank'zZ --PilchuckPete

beatnavy77

Jul 10, 2007
near Seattle
Detector(s) used
Surfmaster PI Pro
After joining here and not finding a wealth of activity in the Washington section, I got to thinking that there had to be more out there somewhere. After searching the Internet looking for MD clubs in the Seattle area, I stumbled across a reference to a club in Auburn that meets in Seattle. After taking a look at their website, they're very well organized. Take a look at their 'Events' calender and latest newsletter and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.cascadetreasureclub.com/

They have an Alki Beach hunt scheduled for Sep 16. And their next meeting is Sunday, 9/9 at 5 PM.

This find prompted me to go searching around this site, and then I found an entirely different section for Washington, where the above club, and others around the state, have been mentioned several times.

TreasureNet Forum > Our Community > Clubs & Friends > United States > Washington

(http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,275.0.html)

Maybe a lot of you knew about this section, but I didn't realize it was there until today.

Also found a good link to the Pilchuck club in Everett,

http://www.stanrs.pages.web.com/pthc, who also looks to be very organized.

Hope this helps some of you -- suspect I'll be joining one or both of these clubs.

OP
OP
PilchuckPete

PilchuckPete

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Still shopping for one!
Hay! Those are some good links, beatnavy77. Thank'zZ for the info. Will check 'em out.

bass99

May 9, 2005
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac with sunray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pete
When I first got into metal detecting I lived in Everett, I joined the Pilchuck club and the people were friendly and very helpful. I'm in Idaho now but will be moving back to Grays Harbor in a month, maybe we could hook up for some hunting?

Dan W Wa.

Mar 4, 2007
Montesano Washington
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
bass99 said:
Hey Pete
When I first got into metal detecting I lived in Everett, I joined the Pilchuck club and the people were friendly and very helpful. I'm in Idaho now but will be moving back to Grays Harbor in a month, maybe we could hook up for some hunting?

Moving to Grays Harbor, That's my stomping grounds. Will look forward to seeing you out and about.
I'm in Montesano, where are you moving to on the Harbor?

HH Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread