ScottsFJ40

Apr 21, 2019
Olympia, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

I've been wanting to get into metal detecting for a number of years, my dad did a lot of detecting back when I was a kid, and finally picked up a Garrett AT Pro.

I live a little south of Olympia, WA on 2 acres that was homesteaded by a prominent area family back in the 1800's and one of the original homestead houses was on what is now our back yard. Part of the property was an apple orchard in the late 1800's and early 1900's as well.

I've only had the AT Pro for a few days, and gave it a go by just turning it on and hunting a few times, ended up digging a handful of holes and finding nothing there. Finally spent some time watching a few online videos on how to pick what targets to dig, as well as some settings for the AT Pro, and my first time finding what I thought was a decent target, I found the first pieces of metal, a chunk of copper, in our front yard.

Really looking forward to exploring the property.

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum Scott. You will have to dig a lot of trash until you start getting comfortable for your machine. Don't give up and keep us posted on your finds.....seabees

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Welcome to the forum man. This isn’t always an easy state to find the goods in, but you’re in the right area. Lots of great history in the Olympia area. Too much has been paved over near Seattle.

RobNakama

Jul 10, 2019
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott, if you ever make it up near Auburn, I'd join you. Not sure where to look though.

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
ScottsFJ40 and RobNakama, Welcome to T-Net!

This is just what this utility is for. Making connections, learning about all sorts of treasures and how to find them.

Good Luck!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome i use to drink that beer :occasion14:

beefrey65

Feb 12, 2013
I’ve hunted Olympia in the past, found silver and an old, old Hudson Bay trade token! Sounds like you have a great place to explore. Persistence is critical. Get to know the AT pro, it’s a good machine.
Let me know if you need help hauling out the gold! [emoji2]

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I’ve hunted Olympia in the past, found silver and an old, old Hudson Bay trade token! Sounds like you have a great place to explore. Persistence is critical. Get to know the AT pro, it’s a good machine.
Let me know if you need help hauling out the gold! [emoji2]

Sounds like you are an old timer with some good local knowledge. ;) Good to see you on the forum! I always love hearing the old war stories of what was found around these parts

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Welcome to Detecting in Washington I also live South of Olympia. I have a land claim plot map of Olympia and surrounding areas. Could meet up and show you what I have. I have a AT Gold and a Bounty Hunter 2200. There are a couple of very interesting family names on my map. Lots of known history to support a hoard possibility.

gonehiking74

Jan 4, 2020
Olympia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings! I'm also South of Olympia in the Littlerock area. I found some interesting things in my own yard. Meeting up would be a lot of fun!

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread