Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
Ya before the snow flies would be nice. Wouldn't want 49er getting stuck over here. I personally would like to maybe research a couple areas and do a serious hunt. Any ideas to an area would be helpful. A few months back I went to an late 1800s girls school , now a park. This park is huge, too much for me to cover, and I found nothing but moderns. It sits on lake washington. I think they brought in a lot of topsoil. There's a grange hall down in Lewis county that I've been to a few times that a old detecting buddy of mine pulled out 2 indians our first time there. I did find a few wheats but no silvers.

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
Hey guys -

I'm up for a group hunt!

That place on Lake Washington sounds great. Or we could go to the park at Lake Wilderness that used to be a resort for servicemen on leave.
Or whatever you guys come up with. If I can make it work with my schedule, I'll be there!

HH-
Kilika

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Sounds like some great spots. I know a few in Renton, but detecting parks there is now a "no no". I would be up for the drive over. I use to detect year round when I lived over there.

Paul

LJHanley06

Aug 19, 2006
Definitely up for a hunt! I have been "re-learning" my old machine...White's 6000/D. A sure chore diggin all the garbage. I work in Kent and have been working 5 Mile Lake Park on Military Rd. on the way home. My first hit was a silver monogramed heart the size of a quarter...a few moderns and tons of trash. Looking forward to it.

grumpyolman

Jul 18, 2008
Raymond, WA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac - Tiger Shark - Ace 250 - Fisher 1280-X - White's Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have water hunted Lake Washington, Lake Wilderness, and 5-mile lake. That was all 20 years ago and I lived in Renton. Did that park in Renton, underwater before the lifeguards got there, and was still in the water when they got their for their training dive. One guy paddled out to where I was and banged on his board to get my attention. He didn't get what he wanted. When I was coming out of the water he comes over and warns me about how dangerous it is to dive alone and of course, that I can't dive there. Didn't find much. Been diving along for 25 years. However, most of the dives I can stand up if I need to. Never find much deeper than the waist. I just dive cuz it's easier to recover the target when you can see it. Was a diver with King County Sheriff and pulled a dead girl out of 5-mile. She dove in, made 180 degree turn and came back up under a dock where there was not air space beneath the dock. The water visibilty is zilch and she couldn't see light to find her way out. That's where we found her. That's what I remember about 5-mile lake.
Now live in Raymond. The little town you go through on the way to Long Beach that has all the metal sculptures of wildlife along the road into and out of town. Both towns, but South Bend more so, love to ticket out of towners for speed. They have some tricky speed changes so if you go to SB make sure you slow down or don't speed up when leaving town in an area that looks like it should be 50 MPH.
I'm up for a group hunt. Have metal detector will travel. Jim

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Jim u know im always up for a hunt. Just on weekends though. If we book it a week in advance I can do it.

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be in town till November 3rd and then its off to Georgia again. Let me know when and where, and if I am in the state I will be there.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread