Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure Net - The Web's Largest Treasure Hunting Forum

tnlogo.png
Welcome to TreasureNet.com - The largest Treasure Hunting Forum and Community on the Internet! We have discussion forums that cover a wide range of treasure related topics, from the Shipwrecks to Metal Detecting. Coins, Gold Prospecting, Techniques, Preservation, Mapping, Ghost Towns, Stamp Collecting, Fossils and everything in between. The site is completely free to use, to take full advantage of it all you need to do is Register - It's Quick and Free! If you are having trouble logging in or need to reset your password Click Here to reset your password!

Below are some of the links to the more popular areas of our site:
  • Today's Finds - What did you find today? Share it with others in the Today's Finds Forum!
  • General Treasure Hunting Discussions - Open discussion of a wide variety of topics, including, treasure hunting, metal detecting, prospecting, cache hunting, relic hunting - even antique hunting and garage-saling. A great place to meet other treasure hunters!
  • Shipwrecks - Use the Shipwreck Forum to discuss wrecks and other underwater treasures, and the technologies used to recover them.
  • Metal Detecting - The Original Metal Detecting Forum. Share your experiences here, and learn from others.
  • Gold Prospecting - Whether you are sluicing, dredging, drywashing, or just a weekend gold panner, this is YOUR Gold forum!
  • Metal Prices - Check out constantly updated Metal Prices.
  • Oil & Gas Prices - Constantly updated Oil & Gas Prices.

Last edited by a moderator:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Under the new format I'm not seeing the pictures on the posts. Is it my settings?

NJ

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under the new format I'm not seeing the pictures on the posts. Is it my settings?

NJ
Thank you NJTHer, I am not getting any pics either!
I really wanna see that $16,000 ring on beach and shallow! LOL!
Maybe I got one just like it! (fingers crossed). hehe

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of the attachments are still loading. We were hoping to get the new site up with all of them, but it could have been another 10 hours or so :/ Rest assured we will get them up as quickly as we can :)

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A lot of the attachments are still loading. We were hoping to get the new site up with all of them, but it could have been another 10 hours or so :/ Rest assured we will get them up as quickly as we can :)

Growing pains...thanks. I'll check back later.

NJ

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the "unread replies" here somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks.

Beth

You can see them in your Settings, which is located in the top righthand corner of the site. You can also click here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/usercp.php

I would recommend going into the General Settings down on the left once your in your "Settings" and update how you want to receive your notifications. This will help you get alerted to new replies, posts, PM's, etc. I personally like Instant Email notification :)

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see them in your Settings, which is located in the top righthand corner of the site. You can also click here: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/usercp.php

I would recommend going into the General Settings down on the left once your in your "Settings" and update how you want to receive your notifications. This will help you get alerted to new replies, posts, PM's, etc. I personally like Instant Email notification :)

I am thinking he means the unread replies to your own posts and to any posts you replied to... I looked and haven't found them either.... yet.

Chukers

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking he means the unread replies to your own posts and to any posts you replied to... I looked and haven't found them either.... yet.

Chukers

Correct! Some of the old subscriptions might not carry over, but if you click on Setting up there you will see your User Notifications right in the middle of the screen. Those should be the posts or threads that have responses to threads or posts that you have replied in. There might only be a few in there because I don't know if our conversion was able to get all of the history for every user so you might have to re-subscribe to the old threads that you really want to keep track of.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once we get things settled in here we can see if we can add the functionality of 'unread replies' like you are used too, as well as importing your thread subscriptions.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct! Some of the old subscriptions might not carry over, but if you click on Setting up there you will see your User Notifications right in the middle of the screen. Those should be the posts or threads that have responses to threads or posts that you have replied in. There might only be a few in there because I don't know if our conversion was able to get all of the history for every user so you might have to re-subscribe to the old threads that you really want to keep track of.

So under user notifications unread replies and private messages will show up together?

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both should show up under the Settings link, but you can also go straight to your Private Messages through the Private Message link located at the top of the site just under the main logo.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both should show up under the Settings link, but you can also go straight to your Private Messages through the Private Message link located at the top of the site just under the main logo.

ok I got it... looks good so far... be prepared for alot of questions... it will be confusing for a lot of people! be patient we will learn LOL

Does it automatically subscribe you to a post when you reply to it?

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha no worries! We're here to help :)

The old PM system was super hard to figure out and set up really weird. I think once you figure out the new system it will make a lot more sense.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
For the time being you might want to set up an error reporting thread. first one I notice is:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/forum.php(650) : eval()'d code on line 15

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will help... When you click on Settings the color of the folder will let you know what the status is of that subscription.

Attachments

• unread.JPG
    unread.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will help... When you click on Settings the color of the folder will let you know what the status is of that subscription.

Is this is how pictures will be viewed as a attachment in a pop-up window? What about videos?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread