Just moved back to Barboursville

charlie8137

Feb 8, 2009
Barboursville
Detector(s) used
GTI-1500
Recently moved back to Barboursville, started MD last year in Arkansas and notice something about West Virginia. Not much activity in MD in this area! There are no Full Service dealers in the area, no clubs nearby, even tried to pawn my detector and nobody wanted it. WOW, this could mean virgin territory. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Getting ready to swing my detector today and see what I can find.

jddave79

Aug 22, 2007
Northern,WV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Garrett ACE250
not sure where barboursville is....Im in Parsons (north central) id like to get together with so people here in WV and hunt Ive only ever hunted by myself.....theres not alot of WV hunters on this forum.......

HH- JD in WV

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I live close by and have thought the same thing. I've only seen one other person MD'ing in a park...once. I like relic hunting but the bad thing about this area is when I research a lead it usually ends up being on state owned property. Conspiracy? lol

I'm not sure what brand MD you have but there are a couple of local Whites dealers. All I can say about full service dealers around here is....Thank goodness for the internet!

Welcome back and good luck!

OP
OP
C

charlie8137

Feb 8, 2009
Barboursville
Detector(s) used
GTI-1500
thanks for the replies, went out Saturday for a couple hours.....horrible day...found a token and a penny. (went to Ritter Park and a baseball field near the Milton fairgrounds, the fairgrounds were locked) I use a Garrett GTI-1500. If your talking about state parks, I agree, any other state owned property is legal unless its posted.

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet
There is...or maybe was......a fellow in the Charleston area that was a dealer of sorts. I THINK he was called WVtom or something like that. I believe he was Civil War buff and often invited folks to hunt with him. I know a couple of times he mentioned hunting the camp site areas at Gauley Bridge. I had intended to get in touch with him, but "life" got me distracted and I haven't heard much of him lately.
This could also have been on that other website that's so similar to this one. TQ I think it is.
I've been disappointed with the posts on this section too. I had hoped for much better participation.Mosy folks just jump over to the States that are closer to their borders to find more topics and that leaves this one on the short side.
Things will probably get even slower as people get a chance to get back outside and do their thing again.
IN doing research on a number of things over the past couple of years, I've come to the conclusion that unless you're a coin shooter or a relic hunter, there ain't a heck of a lot to go after in this State. But then, never say never............

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I thought you'd find some silver in Ritter park? :icon_scratch: Saturday was a nice day to get out though after the big thaw!

I searched for WVtom and even tried it a couple of different ways but I had no success. I was also dissapointed with the WV board. I have to admit that I'm guilty of cruising over to the neighboring boards. Not much posting here in WV. Hopefully it will change soon.

Good luck and happy hunt'n!

evo7011

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently moved back to Barboursville, started MD last year in Arkansas and notice something about West Virginia. Not much activity in MD in this area! There are no Full Service dealers in the area, no clubs nearby, even tried to pawn my detector and nobody wanted it. WOW, this could mean virgin territory. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Getting ready to swing my detector today and see what I can find.

Im in Huntington, you interested?

DeeHerd

Greenie
Sep 18, 2012
WV
Newbie here in Charleston. Spent 7 of the best years of my life in Huntington. Bought my first detector (AT Pro) about 2 months ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread