Milton,Wv. Anybody ever do any Metal Detecting in this area.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

charlie8137

Feb 8, 2009
Barboursville
Detector(s) used
GTI-1500
I live outside of Milton (Culloden). There are many placed to detect around here. The only place I can think of that is off limits is the fairgrounds. (I got kick out of there) and the old hospital (Its patrolled and they will arrest you) The old Mud River Covered Bridge is a good spot, ( found silver coins there). Good Luck

OP
OP
EastKyMiner

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
charlie8137 said:
I live outside of Milton (Culloden). There are many placed to detect around here. The only place I can think of that is off limits is the fairgrounds. (I got kick out of there) and the old hospital (Its patrolled and they will arrest you) The old Mud River Covered Bridge is a good spot, ( found silver coins there). Good Luck
Have you done any good around the Baseball fields and How old would you say the fields are. Thanks. :thumbsup: Also never heard of the Old Mud River covered Bridge have to say it does sound diffrent never hunted around bridges before. :sign13:

OP
OP
EastKyMiner

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Never heard of the bridge. Was hoping for some old Baseball fields though :thumbsup:

wonderwond

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2013
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
none yet lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, new to the site and new to metal detecting, was wondering if anyone knew of a good brand or model to start with, can probably spend only about 100 bucks tho,, or maybe a good place to get a used one ?

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone, new to the site and new to metal detecting, was wondering if anyone knew of a good brand or model to start with, can probably spend only about 100 bucks tho,, or maybe a good place to get a used one ?

I started out with a bounty hunter tacked 4 it's in your price range, the machine loves coins.

wonderwond

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2013
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
none yet lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out with a bounty hunter tacked 4 it's in your price range, the machine loves coins.

thanks a bunch,, so far I found one of those for about 98 bucks,,, would like to have a garrett ac 150, but cant find one cheap enough for my likes lol,, thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread