poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to a guy, Sorry I did not get his name.. He was from the administration office from the WV State Parks Administration..

I asked if it was legal to metal detect/Relic hunt in the WV state parks.. He said that is was a funny situation.. He said it was Legal to metal detect, Nothing says you cannot.. You just cannot remove ANYTHING..

I asked if someone were to metal detect and hit something that may be valuable.. Is there a way to get the state to dig it up based on the readings from the machine.. He said no.. Then I asked So what you are saying is whatever was in the ground before or after the state parks ownership of the property, Will stay in the ground forever.. He said yes you are correct.. Nothing can be removed..

That angers me.. The state can sell the timber.. Have it mined or whatever.. Sell what makes them money..

They should sell/lottery permits to hunt on state property.. Anything valued over XXX amount they get so many percent of the find..

scoremaster

Jan 2, 2013
western md
Detector(s) used
garrett 250 and new this year at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't feel bad mayland is pretty well the same way as i talked to a big shot tie wearing fella today on the phone and he said the same thing other than if you you have to be a archioligist or assisting one to be able to remove anything from state property short of a sandy beach on park property.

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions