jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Washington times. (Washington [D.C.]), 01 Sept. 1921.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Continued Here :
The Washington times. (Washington [D.C.]) 1902-1939, September 01, 1921, FINAL HOME EDITION, Page 2, Image 2 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Read More: Search Results « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep[ they want to flatten the mountin top in West Virginia where this occurred ... to make way from a huge coal pit area -- it was some of the worsest union vs non union fighting ever in America ..

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep[ they want to flatten the mountin top in West Virginia where this occurred ... to make way from a huge coal pit area -- it was some of the worsest union vs non union fighting ever in America ..

Yea I thought it was bad here in PA When the Miners Rioted & burned entire Towns to the Ground,
during the Molly McGuire era of Coal Miner Wars
against the Mine owners, in the 1870's

But There were no machine guns involved :tongue3:

I wonder if any machine guns are Buried around there.

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
no the machine guns were use by the anti union govt troops called in by he mine owners * the union guys did however have dynamite -but no heavy arms-- machine guns .mortors and even a WW1 era biplane were used by govt troops against the miners - the miners had hunting rifles and shotguns and dynamite however .

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also go to National Geographic on you, The TV show Diggers were at the Blair Mtn. location and found many rounds from the machine gun nest location and many other rounds fired by the miners. They also hunted at another miners camp were the mine owners brought in another machine gun in by train.

badcop25601

Dec 2, 2012
Southern West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow....Jeff, I just found this old post. They still, on occasion, find guns hidden in old trees in this area. The miners were ordered to surrender their weapons. Many of them hid them as they left.
I am over the mountain from Ethel where they crossed over into Blair. I have found an old coal mine tag and a trade token from a store in Boone County just up the hill from my home. Your post now has me wanting to hike this mountain to do more searching. Great post on history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread