ghostbird34

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2014
wv
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker 1V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Umm, I'm not a girl but I sent ya a mail on here a while back. Maby you still have it, let me know . mail me from that old email if ya like.I have some pretty good spots.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where the heck can I go detecting? I haven't even tried since I moved here in August. But I would really like to. Any women detectorist here? I just don't know where to go :(

You live in a swell place to look for relics as well as treasure. I have made several long trips up there to search that area. Do you know where the mouth of twenty five mile creek empties into the Kanawaha River. Just down the road on the left towards Charleston is a Greenhouse or landscaping company and further on down the road on the right is a restaurant. I parked here to wait on daylight. But anyway the mouth of that creek is where Jonathan Swift of the Kentucky Silver mines hid a burro load of silver. They carved HH really deep into a boulder just above the road and left of that is another boulder with an arrow pointing down where they buried the silver counterfeit pieces of eight. On up at the forks there on the left about a hundred feet up the hill is an Indian Calendar. Really a great place to look for coins or treasure. That is the same creek Daniel Boone came down when he was surveying for the Transylvania Company. Also the Indians came down the same creek to cross the Kanawaha River a little further up stream by about two or three miles. If you go to the head of twenty five mile creek and cross the mountain you will end up in the town where a man won three hundred million in the lottery. Follow Highway 3 on towards Kentucky is the old Indian Road or Warpath. Good hunting. I sure wish I could get back up that way one more time.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whenever a new member shows up, and I'm not at all familiar with their location, I'll google it, and check out some images.... looks like you got some old places there, and with the right knowledge, experience, and most importantly permission.....you could try to hit this place, shouldn't be too hard to find...
And FWIW....I'd give anything to hunt this property....like really, I'm drooling!
IMG_0869.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread