Swifts Silver Mine ... COULD IT BE IN CENTRAL WV.?

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Wish I could afford one, but I can't so I use my tongue
Primary Interest:
Other
Swift's Silver Mine ... COULD IT BE IN CENTRAL WV.?

.... I THINK I KNOW WHERE IT IS.! ... I'm not going to bore anyone with the informations that are already common knowledge, I'm not a bookworm. ... BUT, I would love to talk with anyone whom can give me a little more insight as to certain LAWS. ... LAND LAWS ... ALL of my research leads me to believe that Swifts Silver Mine is in present day central West Virginia ... located on lands (old Indian lands) owned by the state (go figure). ........ .... .... if anyone, ANYONE, is genuinely interested in this PLEASE be in touch with me. ... I'm ready to pull, pry, and winch the boulders from the face of this mine (remember, according to legend a rock over hang at the face of the mine was blown with dynamite) ... which is the ONLY mine face on that particular side of the river, coal is mined on the other side ... therefore, geologically speaking, i would assume the conditions underground *may* be prime for silver ... I've personally seen the cave I believe the silver was smelted in (there were incredibly hot fires burned on one side of the cave) ... not to mention, I personally know the family that owned the lands where the cave is situated, and one day while plowing a field four silver bars were found. ... can anyone help me with the legalities - or shall I hope to get out what I can before it is known what I have found.?

dio4x4

Greenie
Nov 5, 2012
Pliny W.Va
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds really interesting and gets the mind wondering and wanting to search for this!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No absolutely not. There may be silver mines in central West Virginia but they would be French and not the Swift Silver Mines. All the books and journals about the legendary Swift Silver mines say the mines are a great distance West of the right hand fork of the Big Sandy River near it's headwaters. The right hand fork of the Big Sandy River and it is the Levisa Fork which runs into Eastern Kentucky. So the Swift Silver mines would have to be in Kentucky.

craft3369

May 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for people to search for swift silver mines private message me for details.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Gotta remember that in the olden days, WV was part of VIRGINIA; look at OLD maps of OLD Virginia...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread