Upshur Wv, Help Needed, Indian Camp, Silver Mine, Metal Detector

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Wish I could afford one, but I can't so I use my tongue
Primary Interest:
Other
.... Upshur Wv ... Indian Camp ... Silver Mine ... MANY CACHES OF SILVER HIDDEN OFF OF STATE LANDS ... read Swift's Silver Mine by McWhorter .... I'm from the area and I know where "most" of the markers described are ... I know where the cave is where the old tools were found, some awfully hot fires burned in that cave ... (there were also 4 silver bars found while plowing a field just over the hill from that cave) ..... I hear tell that the caches hidden in the rock house have been found. ... ive seen the bluish rock described with three drill marks, but at the time didn't know what they were for .... ive seen the inscriptions at Stone Coal Creek if you've got big kahunas i think i know where the mine itself is located... i know where "most" of the pointer rocks shaped as spear heads are located ... i know where the nearby Chimney Rocks and other Indian markers pointing toward this mine are located ... Ive seen some of the marked trees described with drill marks also but at the time didn't know what they were for ............................... *** I am looking for a HUNTING PARTNER*** ................................ I am disabled, broken back (still functioning), and brain damage. I do not have a personal vehicle nor a license, and I don't have a metal detector. My wife and I have 5 children and she tries to support me in my adventures. ......... Part of my search area is located in an area known as Beans Mill by the locals. it is right along the Buckhannon River owned by the State, and no one says anything about swimming in the river or camping for free. My family and I usually try to spend a lot of time there during the summers. ........... i write all this because .............................. *** I AM LOOKING FOR A HUNTING PARTNER *** ........................... First and foremost, my Hunting Partner must understand that I have children and there's always gonna be at least one or two tagging along. .... I kinda need a partner with a metal detector, as I don't have one BUT that's not a requirement, lol. .... I'm really just looking for someone that wants to take a little time this summer to hunt ...... I'm looking for Jonathan Swift journals describing Indian Camp (I want to know where the information in the McWhorter paper came from) .... and for some reason recently I can not find any references to kermit hanline finding the 4 Silver bars while plowing a field or finding the tools in a cave (other than the McWhorter paper) ..... ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread