WV_Digger

Greenie
Aug 31, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
ACE250

silentsteve2

Jan 1, 2008
Hi, I have a cabin around Dunmore and like to hunt around there sometimes too. Maybe we can compare notes sometime and help each other some. I used to hunt there often but changed jobs and not been doing it much last couple of years but want to change that this year.

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet
New to the whole idea of TH. No machine or any of that. Just found this site about a month ago and caught the TH bug
Down in Fayette County. Nothing but raw CW territory here. All along US 60 and US19 I'm sure you boys have an idea of the areas between Charleston, Summersville, Lewisburg, etc.
Although I have hauled lumber in and out of your areas for years, I can't say I knew much about Civil War history there until I started researching my own areas. I don't drive truck anymore, so I don't get around much, but I've decided to get a detector, sooner or later, and see just what I might find in my own yard at first since it's smack in the middle of so much CW traffic.
I've been watching this board for a while and was surprised that there was so little activity here. Hope it picks up pretty soon.

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I do some fishing up Watoga every now and then. I could let you know the next time I'm up that way this spring.

Eric in WV

May 5, 2006
Renick, WV
Hi WV_Digger
I'm up in Green Bank all the time. I live in Greenbrier county. I've been hunting up and down Rt 219 for 3 years now. Maybe we can get together and do a little hunting.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Hey guys, I'm in the area too, lived in Lewisburg, and along route 60, I'm in Va now, but hunt greenbrier county, monroe, summers, and poco counties. Artifact rich area to say the least.The history along route 60 is amazing. Anyone in the area wants to do some artifact hunting gimme a holler.

steelerfan87

Greenie
Jul 29, 2008
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Hey guys. I also have a family cabin at Green Bank. Turn up Green Bank Rd at the big red barn. Matter of fact was just up there this past weekend and did some detecting on Fri around the cabin. Only come up with a handful of shotgun and rifle shell casings. We only make it to the cabin 2-3 times a year but I would love to get up with someone that may know the area better and do some searching. I live in Monroe County so I would be interested in getting up with "thirty7" also. I love to detect, I just don't know very many places to go. I have done the majority of my hunting on the beaches and am really knew to relic hunting but it has always interested me

Does anyone know anything about possibly getting permission to search around Camp allegheney. I drove up there this past Sun and just looked around. I wanted so bad to get the detector out of the truck and get to digging but i didn't.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
hey steelerfan, I'm in natural well va. only about 15 miles from monroe, about 20 miles from union. I have family in union, and we hunt artifacts every year, mostly arrowhead hunting. Ever find any indian relics up near greenbank? I've always wanted to hunt that area, but dont know where to start.

wvcoin1977

May 13, 2012
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
I grew up in greenbank and now live near the lewisberg area . I'm looking for places here in greenbrier county for detecting , can anyone help me .

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ive got an uncle that live's in greenbrier co on the james river kanawha turnpike there was a big battle there on his place

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions