Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not sure where's it's at but if the chalkboard is still there I'll take it :wink:

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet
I've passed that thing a dozen times and never had any idea that it was anything other than somebodys' old out building.
I seriously doubt that it still has the blackboard. If it was made of real slate, it must have been awesomely heavy.
What's even more interesting is that it actually survived the Civil War battle of Keslers' Cross Lanes, which was a preview of the Battle of Carnifex Ferry.
Since it's only a few minutes drive from the house, I think I'll go have a closer look at this thing.

WV_Detecting

Oct 24, 2005
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Like anywhere else, no place is ever hunted out. However I personally have seen many different people on that sight and on 1 occasion 4 together. There are many 'locals' in that area that regularly detect.

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet
I haven't even begun detecting anywhere yet. I was more attracted by the building itself. I was considering looking it over to see if maybe it could be purchased,and possibly moved for restoration. I hate to see something like this lost if it could be saved especially so close to home. I have no idea what a project like this would consist of or if it would even be able to be saved, but I'm curious enough to look into the possibilities.
Just the history of the building should prove interesting because of its' proximity to the battle there and Carnfex Ferry.

WV_Detecting

Oct 24, 2005
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Gypsy Chick said:
Some of my best finds have come from "Hunted Out" sites....
and like I originally stated "Like anywhere else, no place is ever hunted out. " I was just pointing out you need a little extra effort if you are going to find something there.

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet
Sorry. I had no intention of belittling your contribution in respect to being more observant in a place that's considered to be hunted out. Actually, my thoughts in that respect would be that such a place would be a perfect training ground for someone who was wanting to learn more about what their detector was really telling them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread