parkersburg

OP
OP
jeffmrgan

jeffmrgan

Apr 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
explorer se /whites xlt
glad to see i'm not alone i was starting to wonder. once in a great while i see someone swinging or someone will stop & tell me they hunt but i rarely see anyone.

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Would've been nice to hit the Fort Boreman area before it got built up! Now there's a sign posted -NO Metal Detectors-.

swish12

Dec 23, 2008
glad to see someone else swings a detector in this area. i'm from marietta. looking for hunting partners

OP
OP
jeffmrgan

jeffmrgan

Apr 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
explorer se /whites xlt
dont know marietta real well, have hunted there a few times but never found anything good--very old town though

aj2000_26187

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2009
Hey newbie here should have my new detector by friday cant to wait start detecting. I got a bountyhunter pioneer 505.

OP
OP
jeffmrgan

jeffmrgan

Apr 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
explorer se /whites xlt
good to see im not alone, lots of history here,just have trouble finding new spots to hunt

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I have some ideas, but don't want to put them here. We should all get together when things thaw out.

13 miles out Rt.47.... Leachtown/Buckner bend?

bigmac58

Mar 24, 2007
Parkersburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's Classic ID
Hello. I was browsing the forum and came across this post. I am from the Parkersburg area as well. Me detector is a Whites Classic ID that my wife inherited from her grandmother. I know very little about detecting and have to admit that I have very little luck when hunting. I've looked locally for a club where I could find some experienced people to hunt with but can't find one locally. I would like to hunt with others who could show me the ropes. If any of you would like some company I would like the opportunity to learn.

Thanks!

Jeremy

diamondb

Apr 20, 2009
Dave here from Ritchie Co. I hunt off and on around Volcano, Petroleum area. Could always use the company

Mudpie

Tenderfoot
Apr 3, 2005
Clarksburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Dual Field
Clarksburg here...There was a large civil war battle down river at Buffington Island across from Sherman, Wv.

Muddy Treats

Mar 28, 2009
Where The Rivers Meet, WV
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mudpie said:
Clarksburg here...There was a large civil war battle down river at Buffington Island across from Sherman, Wv.

Buffington Island is located in Portland, Ohio, meigs county. You are NOT allowed to metal detect there. They have it posted. :(

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Hey Dave, diamondb, ever have any luck around Eaton's Tunnel?

Went out there to look around the old train station, found it completely gone and couldn't find the exact spot where it had been. Looked privately owned too.

Found plenty of pull tabs in the buried tunnel, (place smelled like an outhouse too) and picked up a couple of telegraph insulators.

OP
OP
jeffmrgan

jeffmrgan

Apr 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
explorer se /whites xlt
tried to find exact location of the town of volcano that burned down, in the late 1800's cant find it except where the stiles mansion was

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Hi Jeff,

Are we allowed to MD the Stiles mansion site?

I know I've been close, but have never seen it, wouldn't know where to look really.

I'd really like to get a better MD and get busy, somewhere.

OP
OP
jeffmrgan

jeffmrgan

Apr 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
explorer se /whites xlt
not a state park and not posted so i'd go for it

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Hmm, you're right. As long as it isn't posted. I don't think Fort Boreman is a state park, but it is posted.

;D Ok, when are you going to show me where it is? :) Time for some research and maps.

I had been thinking the town was in the area of the park, or over the hill around the crossroads. But it seems like it should be in the area of the hotel.

Be right back with a pic.

edit- I won't have time to find the pics today, but I did talk to someone that works at the youth detention center on top of the hill. He says he sees people out there MD-ing all the time, all over the place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions