Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
gypsyheart said:
https://www.windberg.com/cart/scs.asp?Task=PrintableList

You can go to this site? and then request the value of your painting...

looks like anywhere from 250 to a thousand bucks....if you throw it...throw it my way ! ;)

Thanks Gypsy,? That is a good site. Those prices are for limited signed and numbered prints. Mine appears to be an ORIGINAL. The site for gallery originals is under construction. I wonder what one of his originals would be worth? It must be in the thousands. How much does new a Minelab cost? ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OHHHH! :o Almost a very costly mistake bch! Glad you caught that one!!!

And why would you have wanted to get rid of such a great piece anyhow?

Nice save!!!!

;)

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nana40 said:
OHHHH!? :o Almost a very costly mistake bch! Glad you caught that one!!!

And why would you have wanted to get rid of such a great piece anyhow?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Nice save!!!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ;)

Nana, I found it in the trash. It has been hanging on my wall for years and I never really liked it that much. I tried to get 10 bucks for it but nobody wanted it.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I have a huge original oil of a nude sitting in a pink chair...large gilt frame ......signed Renoir....but highly doubt that is the real Renoir...probally a student copying his work...and signature......but I got it out of a garage when the owner died and they were going to bulldoze the place.....weird......wish mine was worth as much as yours ...................Take it to a dealer or contact someone on the web who collects originals ..........

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
gypsyheart,? I really appreciate your help. I noticed you help a lot of people on this site. You are well educated obviously, and know how to find information on the internet.
I googgled Renoir, and I see they sell oil painting on canvas copies. I goggled Winberg, and see nothing on copies. I hope it is not a painted copy.
I never liked the picture. The mountains look fake to me. But I kept it because it was an oil painting on canvas. I found it the same way. You would not believe the things people throw away when they have to move.? I have to move now and I was going to toss it.
I will e-mail them and see what they say.
If this turns out to be very valuable, I wonder if the past owner can make a claim?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I just love the research part and reading Big Cy....I collect books and have to read all the time ...will read a cereal box if nothing else available....love the histroy of all things.....and I do like helping others.....but then everyone here tries to help the next person it seems like.
No one can stake a claim to your painting except you.......unless of course it was stolen from some art museum ::) I just hope you can get some money out of it and then buy something that you will really enjoy! ....Where are you moving and why????

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
[[/quote]

Nana,? I found it in the trash.? It has been hanging on my wall for years and I never really liked it that much. I tried to get 10 bucks for it but nobody wanted it.
[/quote]

SOLD! Give me your address, and I'll send you a check. I actually like the painting. (Especially with the additional info, and for only 10 bucks!)

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I tried to get 10 bucks for it but nobody wanted it.

SomeGuy, That was yesterday. Today I'm a few thousand dollars smarter. ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Make sure you let us all know what you get for it.....maybe you should list it in the for sale ads on this forum....or ebay....

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Gypsy, I'm trying to find out first what is it worth. I e-mailed Windberg at the address you gave me, but as of yet no response.
I looked through many pics of prints, but cannot find this one. I don't think a print was made from this painting.
I hope to sell it soon. Like I said, I don't even like it. So far a nice fellow who liked it offered me 10 bucks. :D
I believe it to be worth at least 2 thousand.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Windberg Collectors' Society, The
1111 N. I-H 35, Ste. 220
Round Rock, TX 78664
(512)218-8083
They might have some info for you at least or know of serious collectors

I would take it into an art dealer to first see if it is an original oil . Look at the back of the painting also ...Windberg would have marked the back of the canvas ...if it is a print ...it would also be marked with like a stamp or even pencil ....like 10/12..meaning the tenth reprint from a series of 12

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Gypsy,? It's definitely an oil. I guess that it's possible to be a painted copy. It is not a print. The only thing on the back is the words 'SELECTIVE ' and some numbers upside down. ..was probably on the canvass originally before it was folded and stapled to the frame.
I will call around on Monday....? Thanks.

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
;D Just a word to say I think is a lovely pic! Hope you do well with it ! Hey anyone after a few years needs a change...that why there are attics full of great teasures waiting for all of us to find our own special prize! ;D

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!
Gigi

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It turns out my painting is a fake. Windberg always signs is name in red. I called a Windberg authorized dealer of fine art in Texas. He said that it was probably painted in China. He gets a lot of them. He said if it is signed white, not to bother sending pica.

I guess it goes in the trash or yard sale for 10 bucks.

They make good reproductions of almost anything.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana, I found it in the trash. It has been hanging on my wall for years and I never really liked it that much. I tried to get 10 bucks for it but nobody wanted it.
Sell them is a art auction. They are worth a lot more then ten dollars, and I would never sell them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread