Help with vintage links of london necklace/earring set

koolaidsmile

May 17, 2012
Hi I have this old links of London sterling silver and pearl necklace and earring set! The problem is I can't put a value on it because I can't find one anywhere on the internet just the new ones! In hoping this means it pretty rare! They are a beautiful set!! Any help of value or even a website or any info at all would be fabulous!!

image-31035423.jpg

image-2987427480.jpg

image-711464464.jpg

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if Links of London is a British company, but if they are still in buisiness, contact them for a date when this was made and the model. Generally speaking retired pieces are worth more than current models. They can also tell you if the pearls are genuine, natural, or cultured, otherwise the only definitive test is an xray or a hammer. If those are genuine pearls especially natural pearls, it will greatly effect value. If the pearls are fake, then your set is worth about $100-$150 retail (that's based on no knowledge of Links of London jewelry).

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have spoken a little prematurely there, depending on how popular this company is, the value of this piece is probably seven to ten times what I quoted you. Surf ebay and see what similar pieces go for. Here in Texas, with the present economic climate, nothing but James Avery and Tiffany resale anywhere near retail value.

OP
OP
koolaidsmile

koolaidsmile

May 17, 2012
Links of London is very closely up there with Tiffany and James Avery!

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)

buckquinton

Nov 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don`t think those pearls are fake. They looks real and they are great!

Chris3d3

Oct 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told you can tell if a pearl is real or not by rubbing on your teeth. If it feels gritty it's real and if its smooth its fake. I'm not sure about cultured though.

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris3d3,
Actually, thats not correct, they have been coating pearls for the last hundred years or so. If you do a search titled "Identifying Pearls", you can find out all about it. I had a necklace that I was sure had genuine pearls in it and took it to my favorite jeweler and he told me the same thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread