1915-1918 official army photos

rockstar1998

Aug 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these in a box among other things I inherited...
Here is the album of them : Pictures by poppop210 - Photobucket (they look kinda blue in the pictures but they are white...probably cause it was getting dark outside when i took the pictures...every one of them has an official army marking)
Looking for someone who will give me an estimated value on them...

Thank you in advance
Michael

OP
OP
R

rockstar1998

Aug 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better links and photos
i uploaded them in the next links divided (sorry i am really bad with the camera) :

postcards : ImageShack Album - 22 images
in the 4'th "infanterieregiment" postcard the man sitting down is my great grandfather (you will see him in many other pictures i upload)

photos with big stamp : ImageShack Album - 18 images

photos with little stamp : ImageShack Album - 16 images
you can see my great grandfather again (on that road, in front of that house/hotel, and standing in line)

unused postcards and unmarked photos : ImageShack Album - 27 images
(here my great grandfather appears in the second photo and in the last 7...the last was made when he was younger and joined the army)

Can anyone tell me what do these photos worth...?

Thank you in advance
Michael

ABruce

Apr 11, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
It appears you have a combination of both real photo post cards and photos from the Austrian army and navy (yes: landlocked Austria had an ocean going navy, they rented an ocean port from Italy) from the First World War period. The post cards are worth anywhere from a buck or two to somewhere around $10. each depending upon the subject matter, the photos? maybe $2 to $5 each.

OP
OP
R

rockstar1998

Aug 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears you have a combination of both real photo post cards and photos from the Austrian army and navy (yes: landlocked Austria had an ocean going navy, they rented an ocean port from Italy) from the First World War period. The post cards are worth anywhere from a buck or two to somewhere around $10. each depending upon the subject matter, the photos? maybe $2 to $5 each.

you just rocked my world...I thought and knew that pictures especially if they got army markings were more valuable than postcards...

Thank you for your time and feedback

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions