Sterling Silver KKK Klansman Ring - Whats it Worth?

Stubby

Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried to research this on my own but I'm coming up empty. If you have an idea or know of a legit website I could research please let me know.

I'm not trying to offend anyone one just curious about the value and history behind this ring.

Thanks in advance for responses.

Attachments

• Ring1.JPG
    Ring1.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 2,499
  • ring2.JPG
    ring2.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 2,092

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett powermaster GTA1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a friend of mine has had the opportunity to dig one of those in Alabama. He sold his in NY for $1,100.00
14k.

metalman89

Jan 25, 2013
Jay, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett powermaster GTA1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no I'm sorry his had a diamond in the hood of the clansman

outlaw69.km

Nov 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this ring

I've tried to research this on my own but I'm coming up empty. If you have an idea or know of a legit website I could research please let me know.

I'm not trying to offend anyone one just curious about the value and history behind this ring.

Thanks in advance for responses.

This ring is identical to what 2 of my friends have, and I've looked everywhere for one would you be interested in selling it?

Elkfever

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2014
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought they were buried in the past. Seems they still walk among us.

TSCOM

Oct 13, 2014
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First cool find. I don't mean cool as in that's a cool ring. Cool you found a silver ring and cool the clansman lost his.

Personally I wouldn't sell it. I'd keep it or melt it down. It would never go back into the hands of the KKK.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First cool find. I don't mean cool as in that's a cool ring. Cool you found a silver ring and cool the clansman lost his.

Personally I wouldn't sell it. I'd keep it or melt it down. It would never go back into the hands of the KKK.
I would never melt it down, it is worth far more as an artifact, it is a piece of history just like any other artifact.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be worth 10k I'd melt it down and make a peace symbol out of it... F#*@ KKK !! :BangHead:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Last edited:

TSCOM

Oct 13, 2014
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would never melt it down, it is worth far more as an artifact, it is a piece of history just like any other artifact.

I beg to differ. I don't see it as an artifact or a piece of history. It's different from Nazi stuff. This is more like costume jewelry.

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I beg to differ. I don't see it as an artifact or a piece of history. It's different from Nazi stuff. This is more like costume jewelry.
I personally see both side's,On the fence so to speak...I'd most likely scrap it unless i found a true collector&NOT a klan member.That's ME a hardcore believer in the 2nd.4th.&5th.Ammendment,Along with all the other's!!!

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be cool if you could come up with a Black Panthers ring and put them both together....talk about a conversation pc.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a kkk pin once... was 2 1/2 inch x 1 inch hooded head... marked sterling... sold it to first interested person for $100

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
bottom line is if you are planning on disposing of it I would go with who ever will give you the most $$$$, melt or otherwise and by the previous posts it looks like otherwise would be the most profitable...:dontknow:

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Culture and the United States of Anerica was changed by that hate group, if you don't think the KKK represents history you need to do a little research and educate yourself on how America was back then. What are they teaching in schools now days? Good or evil, it's history and should Not be brushed into the shadows like it never existed. It did.

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Groups have come and gone throughout the history of this country. It really doesn't matter if you consider it good or bad, it is still a page in history. Sweeping it under the rug and removing it from textbooks only denies adults and students the opportunity to learn and form their own judgements about history's successes and failures. I think they need to learn the entire picture and think independently, not just think what the government wants them to think! Great historical find and I hope you do what you want to with it!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I tried to sell one to a guy in NY named Sharpton but he couldn't come up with what I was
asking, he said let me have it and I'll pay you later. Still hasn't paid up.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a very short list of items that I would never bring into my house. That would be one of them. Anything worn by an individual that judged a person solely on skin pigment has got to have some bad juju in it. My gf is always telling me that I might be bringing spirits into our house when I come home from detecting. I always laugh about it. But I wouldn't be taking any chances with certain things. Yes I'm probably crazy lol

OhioAdventurer

Apr 5, 2014
Zanesville, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me just say that any member of the KKK was without a doubt a terrible person, but DO NOT MELT THIS RING. Even if the history of the KKK's actions are horrible, this is an artifact just like any other. Just my two cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread