14K (11 piece) charm bracelet..but

crusty metal

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not found much yet but still working on learning how to use my gti-1500 efficiently. Anyway- I dug up this bracelet but not from the ground but rather from a recycle dumpster! it has 11 charms on it of various things and one is a mini violin (one on e-bay at $140)..and the chain is several loops with neat links- everything is marked 14K. I did notice their is a ever so slight of a magnetic draw.. but just barely- This sound like real 14K? In the box were 2 huge rings too. Both appear to be sterling with huge tourqoise stones. One is two stones and one of stones looks like white sapphire or something. These rings look very old. one clearly marked 'sterling'. And shoebox of 40's fruit jewelry and tons of I assume fake pearls. lots of art deco stuff. Do I send the whole works off to like Midwest or Ara..or should I try to get appraisal here at a local appraiser? Would antique dealers put value on the old art deco jewelry? never ever dealt or sold Gold before so bit confused. Thanks

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the old costume jewelry (especially if it is by a named designer...Kenneth J. Lane, Coro, etc.) brings in some good cash. Look into selling it either through eBay or through a local second hand/antique shop/auction house. As for the gold and silver...I'd personally hold onto it until the precious metal prices go up. JMHO...Sounds like a nice haul overall!

cbankston

Apr 9, 2013
I have found a lot of jewelry when I used by junk and pick out the gold, a lot ppl with no knowledge and deep pockets buy post stamped jewelry that's been stamped by some crooked hustler. I'm a ways packet magnet now hell even at the high end jewelers lol

Coin_Peeper

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread