Pls help..I want to know how to identify the authenticity of this ring and the value.

bdznepojr

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image-2632844874.jpg
    image-2632844874.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 536
  • image-521384442.jpg
    image-521384442.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 596
  • image-2721539052.jpg
    image-2721539052.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 583
  • image-2435448428.jpg
    image-2435448428.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 366
  • image-1729633720.jpg
    image-1729633720.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 445
  • image-1986175143.jpg
    image-1986175143.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 453
  • image-2062774887.jpg
    image-2062774887.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 380

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
To ask if it's authentic is vague, it's better if you post your specific concerns. There should be a letter of authenticity associated with the ring.
Further more I think there are options like getting the ring with an actual real plucked from the wreck or one made from the silver bars?

Most likely you have an original made from the silver bars and $200 - $300 in good shape is a FMV.. With authentic 8 real and I believe those were made with a solid gold band would have to be around $2000? just a guess because there are so few.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bdznepojr

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To ask if it's authentic is vague, it's better if you post your specific concerns. There should be a letter of authenticity associated with the ring. Further more I think there are options like getting the ring with an actual real plucked from the wreck or one made from the silver bars? Most likely you have an original made from the silver bars and $200 - $300 in good shape is a FMV.. With authentic 8 real and I believe those were made with a solid gold band would have to be around $2000? just a guess because there are so few.

Hi, sir dennco2000
I appreciated your reply and for helping others who needs expert like you. Thank you very much!
Honestly I bought this item for just $2 to one of the participating house here in our community garage sale.
Many silver rings but this got my attention because of its weight and size. Last monday iI went to New York with my wife and
Considered to bring this because theres a place in newyork the 47th St named the jewelry st. I showed this item to 2 stores out there.
One store offered me $250 and im in big shocked to know its valuable. I decided to have a second opinion to other store a few blocks away
And offered me $175 then asking me how much I want. I decided not to sell it right away because Im getting more interested to know more about it.
Thats why now Im searching for the true identity of this ring and you gave me one idea and Im thankful. I promise that if I decided and sold it in better price I will let you know. Now im planning to get a certificate of authenticity
and dont know where to get it.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The reality is: It's a sterling silver ring plated in 24K gold with a replica 8 reales coin crafted with a small portion of salvaged silver from a 1622 shipwreck. The retail (asking price) for this ring is $149 and can be bought on the site reference below--where you'll find additional information. I see no reason why you would want to pay to get a COA based on the information provided on this referenced site.
Don.......
Sao Jose Shipwreck Silver Ring

OP
OP
B

bdznepojr

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reality is: It's a sterling silver ring plated in 24K gold with a replica 8 reales coin crafted with a small portion of salvaged silver from a 1622 shipwreck. The retail (asking price) for this ring is $149 and can be bought on the site reference below--where you'll find additional information. I see no reason why you would want to pay to get a COA based on the information provided on this referenced site. Don....... Sao Jose Shipwreck Silver Ring

Hi sir,
Well I think I just bring it to pawnshop to test its metal. The reason why Im very curious is because the jewelry buyer in new york dont buy for a gold plated only especially that high
$250 and $175.for that ring?
Im an ebayer also and thats my first step to look the price at ebay. But before selling it, I have to be informed about the product.
Imagine if the selling price is only $149 - $250? How come the offer is $250 in first store and $175 the second store?
I dont think they would invest their big money for that small profit only?
Thank you for the help, I appreciated that.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as I type this your ring has $ 13.28 worth of Silver in it.
so for $2.00 you won

Sterling Silver Weight Conversion and Melt Value Calculator

it's also a nice looking ring

But I do believe Bradford Exchange
is just another company making money off the uninformed,
by using the words Genuine 24K plate , which in realty,
till you use the process to remove it from the ring, a Foot of Copper wire is worth more
then the amount of
10 Genuine 24K plate rings if not for the silver under them :tongue3:

Ripoff Report | bradford exchange directory of Complaints & Reviews

Anyway, again Nice $2 score

OP
OP
B

bdznepojr

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as I type this your ring has $ 13.28 worth of Silver in it. so for $2.00 you won Sterling Silver Weight Conversion and Melt Value Calculator it's also a nice looking ring But I do believe Bradford Exchange is just another company making money off the uninformed, by using the words Genuine 24K plate , which in realty, till you use the process to remove it from the ring, a Foot of Copper wire is worth more then the amount of 10 Genuine 24K plate rings if not for the silver under them :tongue3: Ripoff Report | bradford exchange directory of Complaints & Reviews Anyway, again Nice $2 score

Yes jeff thats my estimated melting price before I buy the ring. Thank you for the link youve sent. I wonder if the BGE and the Bradford Exchange is just one company? I added some important views...tnx again

Attachments

• image-3389304857.jpg
    image-3389304857.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 391

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as I type this your ring has $ 13.28 worth of Silver in it.
so for $2.00 you won

Sterling Silver Weight Conversion and Melt Value Calculator

it's also a nice looking ring

But I do believe Bradford Exchange
is just another company making money off the uninformed,
by using the words Genuine 24K plate , which in realty,
till you use the process to remove it from the ring, a Foot of Copper wire is worth more
then the amount of
10 Genuine 24K plate rings if not for the silver under them :tongue3:

Ripoff Report | bradford exchange directory of Complaints & Reviews

Anyway, again Nice $2 score

That is exactly what Bradford does. Just like the market where they sale Genuine 24K Gold PLATED or Gold leafed commerentive coins..They have maybe $2.00 Worth of gold and can be yours for only 3 easy payments of $29.99......

Sent from my new Galaxy Note3
now Free

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes jeff thats my estimated melting price before I buy the ring. Thank you for the link youve sent. I wonder if the BGE and the Bradford Exchange is just one company? I added some important views...tnx again

BGE 925 stamped on inside of ring means? The 925 means that the ring is made of sterling silver and

• that the silver is 92.5% pure. The BGE is a designer signature that is used by the Bradford

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_BGE_925_mean#slide2

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bdznepojr

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BGE 925 stamped on inside of ring means? The 925 means that the ring is made of sterling silver and [*] that the silver is 92.5% pure. The BGE is a designer signature that is used by the Bradford http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_BGE_925_mean#slide2

I knew it well because im a silver coin collector for 20 years... I just sold my stuff when the price of silver goes down and down. Not a good investment I realized. But i still have some scraps of silver and gold with me. I shifted to antique branded tools..tnx for the info....

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You may have created a great business for yourself; buy the ring, in quantity at $149 and sell it for $250.
I'd take a gross profit margin of 67% --especially in one day transactions. And I still wouldn't spend a dime on any CoA.
Don.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have created a great business for yourself; buy the ring, in quantity at $149 and sell it for $250.
I'd take a gross profit margin of 67% --especially in one day transactions. And I still wouldn't spend a dime on any CoA.
Don.....

Yes there is really nothing to Authenticate except that Bradford Exchange really did put
what today is $ 13.28 worth of silver in it & not Junk metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread