Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Mackaydon
  • 1 Post By bdznepojr
  • 1 Post By bdznepojr

Thread: Pls help..I want to know how to identify the authenticity of this ring and the value.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2012
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Pls help..I want to know how to identify the authenticity of this ring and the value.

Sao jose 1622 mens ring. 19.6 grams. Marked BGE 925
    How much it cost if authentic? Tnx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2632844874.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	490.7 KB 
ID:	886945   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-521384442.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	407.4 KB 
ID:	886947   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2721539052.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	421.1 KB 
ID:	886948   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2435448428.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	461.1 KB 
ID:	886949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1729633720.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	370.7 KB 
ID:	886950  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1986175143.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	404.8 KB 
ID:	886951   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2062774887.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	427.8 KB 
ID:	886952  

us
    Bottle caps fear me!

Dec 2012
    Englewood Florida
    Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
    167 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    To ask if it's authentic is vague, it's better if you post your specific concerns. There should be a letter of authenticity associated with the ring.
    Further more I think there are options like getting the ring with an actual real plucked from the wreck or one made from the silver bars?

Most likely you have an original made from the silver bars and $200 - $300 in good shape is a FMV.. With authentic 8 real and I believe those were made with a solid gold band would have to be around $2000? just a guess because there are so few.
    Last edited by dennco2000; Oct 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
    It belongs to Spain, they enslaved, murdered, and stole it first.

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds')
    Minelab Explorer
    1749 times
    Research and History
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Jul 2012
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennco2000 View Post
    To ask if it's authentic is vague, it's better if you post your specific concerns. There should be a letter of authenticity associated with the ring. Further more I think there are options like getting the ring with an actual real plucked from the wreck or one made from the silver bars? Most likely you have an original made from the silver bars and $200 - $300 in good shape is a FMV.. With authentic 8 real and I believe those were made with a solid gold band would have to be around $2000? just a guess because there are so few.

Hi, sir dennco2000
    I appreciated your reply and for helping others who needs expert like you. Thank you very much!
    Honestly I bought this item for just $2 to one of the participating house here in our community garage sale.
    Many silver rings but this got my attention because of its weight and size. Last monday iI went to New York with my wife and
    Considered to bring this because theres a place in newyork the 47th St named the jewelry st. I showed this item to 2 stores out there.
    One store offered me $250 and im in big shocked to know its valuable. I decided to have a second opinion to other store a few blocks away
    And offered me $175 then asking me how much I want. I decided not to sell it right away because Im getting more interested to know more about it.
    Thats why now Im searching for the true identity of this ring and you gave me one idea and Im thankful. I promise that if I decided and sold it in better price I will let you know. Now im planning to get a certificate of authenticity
    and dont know where to get it.

Oct 2004
    Minelab Explorer
    1749 times
    Research and History
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    The reality is: It's a sterling silver ring plated in 24K gold with a replica 8 reales coin crafted with a small portion of salvaged silver from a 1622 shipwreck. The retail (asking price) for this ring is $149 and can be bought on the site reference below--where you'll find additional information. I see no reason why you would want to pay to get a COA based on the information provided on this referenced site.
    Don.......
    Sao Jose Shipwreck Silver Ring

Jul 2012
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackaydon View Post
    The reality is: It's a sterling silver ring plated in 24K gold with a replica 8 reales coin crafted with a small portion of salvaged silver from a 1622 shipwreck. The retail (asking price) for this ring is $149 and can be bought on the site reference below--where you'll find additional information. I see no reason why you would want to pay to get a COA based on the information provided on this referenced site. Don....... Sao Jose Shipwreck Silver Ring

Hi sir,
    Well I think I just bring it to pawnshop to test its metal. The reason why Im very curious is because the jewelry buyer in new york dont buy for a gold plated only especially that high
    $250 and $175.for that ring?
    Im an ebayer also and thats my first step to look the price at ebay. But before selling it, I have to be informed about the product.
    Imagine if the selling price is only $149 - $250? How come the offer is $250 in first store and $175 the second store?
    I dont think they would invest their big money for that small profit only?
    Thank you for the help, I appreciated that.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5932 times
    as I type this your ring has $ 13.28 worth of Silver in it.
    so for $2.00 you won

Sterling Silver Weight Conversion and Melt Value Calculator

it's also a nice looking ring

But I do believe Bradford Exchange
    is just another company making money off the uninformed,
    by using the words Genuine 24K plate , which in realty,
    till you use the process to remove it from the ring, a Foot of Copper wire is worth more
    then the amount of
    10 Genuine 24K plate rings if not for the silver under them

Ripoff Report | bradford exchange directory of Complaints & Reviews

Anyway, again Nice $2 score

Jul 2012
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    as I type this your ring has $ 13.28 worth of Silver in it. so for $2.00 you won Sterling Silver Weight Conversion and Melt Value Calculator it's also a nice looking ring But I do believe Bradford Exchange is just another company making money off the uninformed, by using the words Genuine 24K plate , which in realty, till you use the process to remove it from the ring, a Foot of Copper wire is worth more then the amount of 10 Genuine 24K plate rings if not for the silver under them Ripoff Report | bradford exchange directory of Complaints & Reviews Anyway, again Nice $2 score

Yes jeff thats my estimated melting price before I buy the ring. Thank you for the link youve sent. I wonder if the BGE and the Bradford Exchange is just one company? I added some important views...tnx again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3389304857.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	409.5 KB 
ID:	887473  
    jeff of pa likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9318 times
    as I type this your ring has $ 13.28 worth of Silver in it.
    so for $2.00 you won

Sterling Silver Weight Conversion and Melt Value Calculator

it's also a nice looking ring

But I do believe Bradford Exchange
    is just another company making money off the uninformed,
    by using the words Genuine 24K plate , which in realty,
    till you use the process to remove it from the ring, a Foot of Copper wire is worth more
    then the amount of
    10 Genuine 24K plate rings if not for the silver under them

Ripoff Report | bradford exchange directory of Complaints & Reviews

Anyway, again Nice $2 score
    That is exactly what Bradford does. Just like the market where they sale Genuine 24K Gold PLATED or Gold leafed commerentive coins..They have maybe $2.00 Worth of gold and can be yours for only 3 easy payments of $29.99......

Sent from my new Galaxy Note3
    now Free

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5932 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bdznepojr View Post
    Yes jeff thats my estimated melting price before I buy the ring. Thank you for the link youve sent. I wonder if the BGE and the Bradford Exchange is just one company? I added some important views...tnx again
    BGE 925 stamped on inside of ring means? The 925 means that the ring is made of sterling silver and

• that the silver is 92.5% pure. The BGE is a designer signature that is used by the Bradford

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_BGE_925_mean#slide2
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Oct 25, 2013 at 07:30 AM.

Jul 2012
    2 times
    BGE 925 stamped on inside of ring means? The 925 means that the ring is made of sterling silver and[*] that the silver is 92.5% pure. The BGE is a designer signature that is used by the Bradford http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_BGE_925_mean#slide2

I knew it well because im a silver coin collector for 20 years... I just sold my stuff when the price of silver goes down and down. Not a good investment I realized. But i still have some scraps of silver and gold with me. I shifted to antique branded tools..tnx for the info....
    jeff of pa likes this.

Oct 2004
    Minelab Explorer
    1749 times
    Research and History
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    You may have created a great business for yourself; buy the ring, in quantity at $149 and sell it for $250.
    I'd take a gross profit margin of 67% --especially in one day transactions. And I still wouldn't spend a dime on any CoA.
    Don.....

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5932 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackaydon View Post
    You may have created a great business for yourself; buy the ring, in quantity at $149 and sell it for $250.
    I'd take a gross profit margin of 67% --especially in one day transactions. And I still wouldn't spend a dime on any CoA.
    Don.....
    Yes there is really nothing to Authenticate except that Bradford Exchange really did put
    what today is $ 13.28 worth of silver in it & not Junk metal.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors