494.3 KB · Views: 1,938
OP
OP
C

capblueberry

Feb 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just this clock lol couldn't find one like it and wanted to see if it was worth anything or if i should just hang it up. but for that price i'll probably just hang it up! just needs new electronics to get the clock working again. Thanks!

Also what time period is this from?

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with surf. Clock looks 1970's and if it ran and lite up I would say 50.00 on a good day around me. If its one of the larger clocks probably more. That's cool it has the 10 2 4 highlighted, Dr peper hasn't used that in for ever, the 10 2 4 slogan. That alone says it has some age.

OP
OP
C

capblueberry

Feb 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't suppose any of yall can point me in the direction where i could purchase a replacement motor for this? clock's aren't exactly my forte hah

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Craft store like Hobby Lobby

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I agree on the price and also that it's probably 70s or newer since it's plastic. I collect gas & oil stuff and some soda advertising if I can get it cheap. Entry level collectors like this stuff because it's affordable but as a rule if it's plastic it's not old. This applies to signs as well. Here is my 10 cent Dr Pepper machine from the 50s. Patiently waiting to come into my shop and get restored unless I get bored with it and swap it for something else. I have also seen old machines that were beyond mechanical repair turned into gun cabinets. What burglar is going to break into an antique soda machine inside your house looking for valuables...

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 232

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree on the price and also that it's probably 70s or newer since it's plastic. I collect gas & oil stuff and some soda advertising if I can get it cheap. Entry level collectors like this stuff because it's affordable but as a rule if it's plastic it's not old. This applies to signs as well. Here is my 10 cent Dr Pepper machine from the 50s. Patiently waiting to come into my shop and get restored unless I get bored with it and swap it for something else. I have also seen old machines that were beyond mechanical repair turned into gun cabinets. What burglar is going to break into an antique soda machine inside your house looking for valuables...

Nice! I cant remember if I posted this or not. I found it in a barn in Lexington Kty. If you know your soda machines you know what this is. 259.JPG 258.JPG

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Nice! I cant remember if I posted this or not. I found it in a barn in Lexington Kty. If you know your soda machines you know what this is. View attachment 953548 View attachment 953551
I know enough to get me in trouble. Sell me the coin mech and the vending handle.. They are missing from my Dr Pepper machine and I have been told they are the same as those Pepsi & Coke machines with the "small door".. lol At a local auction I watched the Coke version of your machine, in worse condition, sell for $1250.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread