Costume jewelry

Flailer

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I recently. Took a 20 dollar gamble on a purchase of 30 plus peice the problem I have very little knowledge in vintage jewelry can any one help I've spent. Weeks. And very little progress. To show for it ..... Any help would be much appreciated ......

1).

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

Thank you for any info you can provide. I still have many more that I need to figure out

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not all costume jewelry... Looks like you have some real gold. You need an acid test kit. I avoid costume jewelry, but if you know what your doing. You can find some real nice pieces..

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, The Marvella and Weiss rhinestone jewelry is desirable to some. The pink triangle stone ring appears to say 10K, which means 10 Karat gold. I would have the "gold" nugget pendant tested to see if it is real gold. The rest appears to be as you said Costume.

OP
OP
F

Flailer

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ty for your help. I'm from Minnesota. Is their any chance u cod point me in a direction to selling these items

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, EBay is your best bet.... Good luck and let us know how you do if you sell them.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
First, you need to have all of the pieces checked by a respectable Jeweler to weed out what may be real Jewelry (i.e. has genuine gems/stones, real Gold...Silver or Platinum and not plated) and what is Costume Jewelry. Once you have that out of the way, then you should have no problem selling the real Jewelry. You will need to look for the Maker's name or Initials or Company that sold it on each piece, once done, you can research eBay and elsewhere for identical or similar pieces and see what they sold for. You will then have a target price and might want to list them for less (starting price) than that and see where the price goes. About ten years, a local Lady purchased two boxes of Costume Jewelry at a Yard Sale and after going through the items, she felt that several pieces were genuine Jewelry made of Gold with genuine Gems. It is a good thing she had them checked as one piece was Gold with a high quality large Emerald and a friend of mine appraised it at $65,000 and there were other pieces with Rubies, Sapphires and Diamonds.

Frank

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like all costume jewelery. The Trifari piece has some value, it probably dates from the 60's and if it's intact and undamaged would probably be worth the price you paid for the lot. 10K is only used in the US and is low karat (42%) gold. All in all you probably did better than break even and may be able to double or triple your money if you can find an interested buyer.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The name costume jewelry has value. the 10k gold ring, too. acid test anything that looks like it could be real gold. Use ebay "sold" listings to compare values.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
With just the ring you've better than doubled your money. I'd take another look at the cufflinks if I were you. I know a street huckster that would take what's left after removing the precious metal pieces and give me $30. Nice find! You can't lose on the deal you made. At this point it's deciding how hard you want to work to maximize profit vs. a quick turnover.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread