American School of Correspondance-1904 Chicago

toverbey

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this while helping a friend clean out a relatives estate. Its like a portfolio with 58 "plates" or pages that have different architecture things on them. Its copyright date is 1904. All of the pages are there, some are slightly yellowed esp around the edges, and a few have a little crinkling around the edges as well. The cover still has the original strings that are used to close or tie it shut. It has some wear on the corners.. I have not been able to find anything from this school that is this early. The school is still is business in another city in Illinois. I have no idea what its worth. Any help would be awesome..

Front cover.jpg Binding.jpg Plate 1.jpg Table of content damage.jpg

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
T

toverbey

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Orders-AMERICAN-SCHOOL-CORRESPONDENCE/dp/B0026PTSB4

I did find this listing for the book on The UK's Amazon site. Apparently this school has many areas of study. Thanks for your post. It made me learn something I did not know - that there are 5 classical principles of architecture. Never know what you'll learn on this site!

I found this as well, but its an actual hardcover print book. This isn't a book at all really. Its 58 individual large pages in a portfolio type binding that ties. I cannot find anything like it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread