862.7 KB · Views: 514

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason people would need these things is for restoration projects.... :icon_scratch: Not many people looking for antique stoves so your market is kinda limited... ??? As for prices I have no idea, maybe $20-$50 a part... :dontknow:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you know someone who needs these parts for restoration as MUD(S.W.A.T.) said .
Scrap metal may bring you some good $ ,esp, if the parts are Brass.
Tho I hate to scrap useful & Cool old pieces , but if you need the money have at it. My Opinion
Davers

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In factories and such when parts get old, they are replaced and the brass is thrown into a 50 gallon drum to be sold for scrap. What you have looks like the contents of a scrap bin. Pull the handles off of the valves because they are pot metal then put all of the brass together and call scrap yards in your area to get the best price for them. You may have to prove where they came from because a lot of this stuff has been torn out of houses or stolen by addicts these days and is questionable as to where you got it. Unless you work for a factory of such, most likely some buyers will ask you to prove where it came from and some will not buy it from you if you can't. Be sure to separate each of the metals. You can see where the copper pipes were just cut off to cut the valves out, which is why it looks like a cranksters wet dream :laughing7:

Last edited:

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A lot of those look like glassblowing burners. The triple tubed burners in the back are commonly known as crossfires, the two triple burners are positioned facing each other on the bench. They ran on a combination of coal gas and compressed air. They were used in scientific glassblowing before Pyrex. The parts down the right side are mostly burner heads for a combination of natural gas and compressed air. The ones up front are for a neon sign makers crossfire. The slightly cone shaped pieces just above them are Venturi gas mixers. Down the left are mostly pretty standard lab burners except for the triple and quadruple head Bunsen burners up front. I would guess they are annealing fires from a glass lathe.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! Save scrapping for last IMHO.

Props to N-Lionberger on Id's :icon_thumright:

I would ebay the multi-head glassblowing torches - with a disclaimer of untested. Maker mark might lead to age.

The ornate smalls I would put in small alike lots (burners w/burners, valves w/ valves) and have Steampunk / ornate / vintage and metal type in title.

Check out completed auctions under steampunk valves - glassblowing torches

I like the one with the flower on the head - :) Good Luck!

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of those look like glassblowing burners. The triple tubed burners in the back are commonly known as crossfires, the two triple burners are positioned facing each other on the bench. They ran on a combination of coal gas and compressed air. They were used in scientific glassblowing before Pyrex. The parts down the right side are mostly burner heads for a combination of natural gas and compressed air. The ones up front are for a neon sign makers crossfire. The slightly cone shaped pieces just above them are Venturi gas mixers. Down the left are mostly pretty standard lab burners except for the triple and quadruple head Bunsen burners up front. I would guess they are annealing fires from a glass lathe.

Nice Lion :evil6:

Apr 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you still have it I am interested jasonwoodhead23
This lot was recently acquired from an estate. It is a large mix of various bunsen burners, gas valves, burner heads, and other parts that appear to be very old. I was hoping if someone could tell me the value of the lot? and the best way to sell the lot?
Thank you!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post em on eBay see what happens that's alot

Top Member Reactions