Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oh you said 1993 originally and that was released 1992. I don't see any for sale - so you'd need a collectors reference book on them. sorry.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Chris Pardell - Spirit of the Wolf
I bought this sculpture today, this is not mine but untill I photograph mine......
Mine is the exact same.
I have done research for a few hours now and can't find a value!
dam internet!
Limited to 500. Legends series. The annual collectors edition. "Spirit of the wolf" 1993.

See the link below for the issue price and appraised value. The problem is that the market is very depressed when it comes to selling these fabulous sculptures and anyone with these, will be hard pressed to get a 1/4 of ther' value. I know because I am selling Christopher Pardell and Kitty Cantrell sculptures on eBay right now huntsman532ukm | eBay and several that had been relisted did not make the "Reserve" price and did not sell and others aren't doing that well either. It probably has a lot to do with the economy and it's uncertainty but also to do with the fact that most anything collectible that goes on eBay, suffers eventually in value. This is due to so many Sellers that purchase in bulk from closeouts, bankruptcies and estates and sell the items for a fraction of their' values.

Guardian Store - Collectables

Frank

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See the link below for the issue price and appraised value. The problem is that the market is very depressed when it comes to selling these fabulous sculptures and anyone with these, will be hard pressed to get a 1/4 of ther' value. I know because I am selling Christopher Pardell and Kitty Cantrell sculptures on eBay right now huntsman532ukm | eBay and several that had been relisted did not make the "Reserve" price and did not sell and others aren't doing that well either. It probably has a lot to do with the economy and it's uncertainty but also to do with the fact that most anything collectible that goes on eBay, suffers eventually in value. This is due to so many Sellers that purchase in bulk from closeouts, bankruptcies and estates and sell the items for a fraction of their' values.

Guardian Store - Collectables

Frank
Thanks!
I paid 20 bucks talked her down from 25. I had a feeling!
Mine is not signed.....

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the sculpture have the "Legends" sticker on the bottom of the wood base? If so, there is a telephone number to call the "Legends Collector Society" and if not, then call Starlite Originals at (323) 266-2993 ... Call either one and see if there is a way to send the sculpture in to have the Artist (Christopher A. Pardell) sign it. The only reason why I could think that there is no signature on the top of the wood base, is if that the previous owner accidentally removed it by cleaning it with some type of cleaner that should not have been used on it. In any case, the sculpture should be signed by the Artist on the sculpture itself. I say this, because all of my' sculptures by Christopher Pardell are signed on both the sculpture and the base!

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the sculpture have the "Legends" sticker on the bottom of the wood base? If so, there is a telephone number to call the "Legends Collector Society" and if not, then call Starlite Originals at (323) 266-2993 ... Call either one and see if there is a way to send the sculpture in to have the Artist (Christopher A. Pardell) sign it. The only reason why I could think that there is no signature on the top of the wood base, is if that the previous owner accidentally removed it by cleaning it with some type of cleaner that should not have been used on it. In any case, the sculpture should be signed by the Artist on the sculpture itself. I say this, because all of my' sculptures by Christopher Pardell are signed on both the sculpture and the base!

Frank
There is not a sticker on the base. It is signed on the bronze. And after looking at the base with a magnifying glass...faint very hard to see signature.
This sculpture is dirty, must have been in a garage or storage unit.
DSCN4487.JPG

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I thank you Huntsman53 :icon_thumright:

You are welcome! I would recommend cleaning the sculpture up as well as possible. Also, brush off as much of the verdigris (the green corrosion on the Bronze which is bleeing through the paint) as possible and repaint the areas that were corroded. This should somewhat stop the verdigris but before painting, you might need to clean these areas with Acetone to stop the effects of the verdigris. You can purchase the needed paints in the Craft's section at Walmart as long as they have all the ones needed in stock. If not, have them order the ones you need. Get the "FolkArt" brand of Metallic and/or Satin Acrylic Paints. The type you get and use, depends upon what type is on it originally. You will likely have to do some mixing to darken or brighten paints for specific areas, so plan accordingly. I purchase the Coppers, Golds, Silvers, Blacks, Browns, Grays and White. You may need less or all of these and possibly more colors depending upon the different colors on the sculpture. The key with doing this, is to stop the verdigris and further damage to the sculpture but not to deceive any Buyers, if you ever decide to sell it.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread