Vintage GE Fridge

verawormbrain

Nov 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Our house came with an old GE fridge but I can't find this exact model online to see how much it's worth. Similar models seem to be fetching a pretty penny so if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it. There doesn't seem to be a model number anywhere in or on the fridge. It works and is in pretty good condition. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20141124_111455.jpg
    20141124_111455.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 115
  • 20141124_111539.jpg
    20141124_111539.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 20141124_111557.jpg
    20141124_111557.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 108

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
My garage beer fridge is very nearly the same fridge. Even has the aluminum GE marked ice cube trays with the levers on top. Prices are all over the place. When I was looking for one I was seeing them from $200-$500 on the local craigslist. I put a "wanted" ad in there and got mine for a $50 bill and a 12 pack of Bud. As with most of these older ones the freezer is always needing defrosting but it does a good enough job of keeping my beer & shine cold..

Attachments

• Shine in the garage fridge.JPG
    Shine in the garage fridge.JPG
    662.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
Don't sell it... Keep it !!!.
I used to have one very similar, and when i finally did want to get rid of it, i couldn't even give it away, and it wound up going to the dump. (and i have been kicking myself ever since for getting rid of it).

P.S. .... in addition to being great for keeping drinks cold, old fridges like that are the best for storing and keeping live bait alive. (new auto-defrost fridges kill the bait).

OP
OP
V

verawormbrain

Nov 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your responses. Still looking for someone who might know the value.

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And some of those old fridges and freezers just run forevvvveeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one on ebay has an asking price of $150. but it looks like hell compared to yours. 1940's Vintage Antique General Electric Deluxe Refrigerator | eBay It seems old good working and good looking vintage refrigerators have prices in the range of $250. to $1000. from what little I see of them for sale online. That's without digging at the various one's for sale on craigslist. I recall as a kid in the Chicago area a couple of kids got in one of those old type refrigerators that was discarded in a vacant lot. They both suffocated to death. It was a tragedy that is still in my memory of 50 years ago now. I have forever since seen those as a death trap. Once your in that kind of old fridge you can't push the door open to get out. Just keep that in mind if you've got young children around. Best to be safe and remove the door latch if your going to leave it empty and not use it. They can't get in it if it's full of stuff.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
My garage beer fridge is very nearly the same fridge. Even has the aluminum GE marked ice cube trays with the levers on top. Prices are all over the place. When I was looking for one I was seeing them from $200-$500 on the local craigslist. I put a "wanted" ad in there and got mine for a $50 bill and a 12 pack of Bud. As with most of these older ones the freezer is always needing defrosting but it does a good enough job of keeping my beer & shine cold..

Is THAT what I think it is...in that JAR ? If so I'll be stopping by shortly...heh num num.

Mike

OP
OP
V

verawormbrain

Nov 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the warning, Tamrock. When I was a kid there was an episode of Punky Brewster where her best friend hid in one and almost died. Just that show was traumatic enough for me to be extra cautious, we have it secured with a ratchet strap.
Thank you also for looking up the fridge. I can't seem to find this exact model anywhere, but I've seen similar ones in excellent condition go for $4000!!! I'd do a back flip if I could get that much!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread