Royal Worcester Demitasse Cup Circa 1884

xanaduvintage

Nov 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this a few days ago. Looked up the mark and researched it a bit. What I found is its royal worcester circa 1884 according to the v below the mark. Not sure its value. Im guessing 100 or so dollars maybe even more? I never like to overshoot these things. but to me it seems a great piece and at 130 years old im sure its not one u find everyday. Also if anyone knows about the red writing? its a w and the numbers 720. Ive searched and cant find anything about that part.

thank you !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 91

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you'd be good to think this cup & saucer would be in the range of $80. to $100. as long as there's no damage what so ever to the cup or saucer. I've seen those red numbers on European china before and think it a number for being part of a set or pattern? Just check ebay for competed sales of Royal Worcester Demitasse Cup from time to time and see what comparable set like it are selling at. I'd say this one at the link is close in a way and age to what you have. I've made good margins on a few old china cups & saucers on ebay over time. I've done best on ones made by Richard Ginori of Itay and Shelly of England. It is those kind I look for in antique shops and thrift stores.
Beautiful Antique Royal Worcester Demitasse Cup Saucer | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread