Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any help would be most appreciated . image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
Waltham watches were made between 1851 and 1957. To find the exact date of manufacture, you just need to pop off the back cover.

Once you do, you should see markings by Waltham which start with A.W.W.Co. You should also see nearby a serial number.
Once you get the serial number, you just need to match it to the following list to determine what year it was made:
AMERICA WATCH U.S. / Fine Antique Pocketwatches

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From the pics it looks to be a real gold case with real diamonds...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY nice watch... seems to be in good condition... does it run?

OP
OP
R

runbkk83

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yes it runs and is in great condition I will post inside pics once soon Im very puzzled by it would like to know a ballpark price. :icon_scratch:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You don't see real diamonds set in gold filled cases, only real gold. It is a hunting case, the porcelain dial has cracks in it, if its not gold and is less than 21 jewels it is worth approx $100-$150, if it is 21 jewels or higher it would be worth from $200 to $450 based on how high a grade the movement is. If it is real gold and real diamonds (based on the case weight) it is worth $500-$1000 based on the buyer.
Just open the back, tell us the serial# and how many jewels it is? Some even have a model name. If it is real gold it will be marked inside the case as to the karat of gold. It looks to be 14K real gold to me from the pics. With this info we can tell you the year it was made too...
Nice watch... good luck... don't drop it :)

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So are your GF cases with diamonds have diamonds that are prong set?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are probably right? I have sold over 500 antique pocket watches and never seen real diamonds in a gold filled case? Maybe I am wrong? I ok with that :) I hope this is a real gold case and real diamonds for the poster :))) this would be the first time I am wrong this year ;)

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What you have seen, and what actually exists are different things! I have over 500 silveroid and nickel cases alone Does that mean that every one made is not silver? That proves nothing. I have had and sold, traded thousands of pocket watches. Still means nothing. Whether the case above is gold or not, doesn't change the fact that real diamonds were put in gold filled cases. That's what I'm disagreeing with you about, is the wrong information.

Nit... That is great! Can you please show us a pic of one of your watches - silveroid, nickel, gold filled, pot metal (dollar watches) that have real diamonds set in them? We would love to see an example. We appreciate all of your help here!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nit... That is great! Can you please show us a pic of one of your watches - silveroid, nickel, gold filled, pot metal (dollar watches) that have real diamonds set in them? We would love to see an example. We appreciate all of your help here!

Google it! It's not hard. Do a little research. Now, your not even making sense. lol no one said they are in dollar watches or nickel. Sry, your offended with some one pointing out something that was incorrect information.:notworthy:

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sorry I'm not offended at all. You're probably right? Please post a photo of one of your 500+ pocket watches that has real diamonds in something other than real gold it will be awesome thanks for your help :-) I hope you are right..

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry I'm not offended at all. You're probably right? Please post a photo of one of your 500+ pocket watches that has real diamonds in something other than real gold it will be awesome thanks for your help :-) I hope you are right..

First google search,of something that you say doesn't exist. There are many others.

1890 Elgin Pocket Watch Gold Filled Hunter Case w Diamond 1 020ct SKU 307 | eBay

Extremely over priced!

And no, I'm not searching through my stuff and taking the time to post it, for something that can be easily found online. If someone was doing research on something there is no information on? I would be glad to dig through what I have and post pics. of something they were researching.I'm not proving to you my background, just like you don't need to prove yours.A simple Google search will show the statement was incorrect. :BangHead:

To the OP, I'll be glad to erase my posts, since we ruined your thread, over something this stupid! That really doesn't have anything to do with helping you! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is not probably right...he is right...you were wrong, let it go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread