Spanish? Found concho in the Uintas Utah Lost Rhoades?

t.oram

Jul 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to forums, please forgive my azzbackwardness, that's just how I roll. I was on another forum, but can't stand the wait getting approved. Some years ago I found this object in Utah. I'm trying to get opinions on whether it could possibly be Spanish. I think it's a concho or rosette. It doesn't look like anything old Caleb Rhoades would attach to his horse, it seems pretty girly to me. Its quite intricate, and under a magnifier you can tell it's hand etched. The circle lines around it are actually tiny squares, or rope pattern. The most interesting part is that tonight, I scraped off the muck a bit more, and it's quite light golden in color. I thought it was brass, but then I ran it over an unpainted ceramic surface, and lo and behold it was gold streaks. The inside is bright silver gobbeldy-goop, after you get the gunk off. I know I've heard gold doesn't tarnish but then I heard that it does, after a long period of time, start with a black film and that's what it looks like. I'm heading up to the Uinta's again, and dusted it off, a few days ago. I found something similar to this one, this is the link.. Silver Concho Worn by Spanish Soldier's Horse

Anyone that could let me know the worth, or if it's Spanish will be appreciated when I find that mine. Haha. I sure hope my picture co we across. Here goes....
20150716_144918~2.jpg

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat for sure , hope you find out exactly what you have and welcome to T-net happy huntinn

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find for sure,,,

I did however note a startling resemblance of the "horse" on this relic,,,,,,to the head of the horse on the Stone Maps

Here is the concha
concha.jpg
And the map
map.jpg

Similar? Kinda,,,oh well just an observation,,, others may think otherwise..

Hit

OP
OP
T

t.oram

Jul 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh great! Now I've lost interest in my find. I was going to take it to someone, (pawn shop or coin dealer or jeweler?) and have it tested, (I'm such a novice), but then I started checking out the Peralta Stones. Now I'm headed to Arizona. Haha. Hit, that horse does look very docile, quite a bit like mine. I was checking her out (yes, they are "she's"). Do you think the Peralta mane area could spell something? Or possibly be a map itself? It sort of looks like the eye is an "e" and the mane is "Mill". Sorry, if I'm in the wrong place to ask this. I obviously have the attention span of a flea...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread