huge chunk of malachite, green and awesome looking! is it worth anything?

Brianbarr88

Jun 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi, I recently was given this big chunk of malachite , which I was told has healing properties. I was also enlightened about the stone malachite.
its a beautiful stone?(is this considered a stone, or a rock?)
it has really cool designs and shape. it also has what appears to be copper binded to it underneath.
I did some research and was able to find out some interesting things about this chunk of malachite here.
I am curious as to what its worth to the right person?
it was purchased @ around $150-$250
why so much?
could I re-sell this and get that amount out of it or more to the right person? or is this stuff more common than that.
thanks for any background on this regarding its value and tips on selling this stuff in advance.
thank you!!

11.jpg 22.jpg 33.jpg 44.jpg 55.jpg 66.jpg 77.jpg 88.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brianbarr88

Jun 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the lighter is in the pictures to show u the difference in size btw, its a normal standard sized bic lighter you buy at most convience stores.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sig. Other has had a want for these kinds of stones for a long time.
I asked her, 200-300 would be ballpark, but all depends on what the person holding it feels as some.... are apparently more "Healing" than others. Neat gemstone though!

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This type of malachite has been coming out of the African mines for more than 100 years. I've seen quality pieces larger than a car. Although beauty is in the eye of the beholder and value is market based the ultimate price can only be determined by a willing buyer and seller.

Market retail could be anywhere from $35 to $200. Depends on who it is being sold to more than what is being sold when it comes to mineral samples today. "Healing" seems to bring a premium.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure is a beautiful piece.....Congrats on a wonderful specimen !!

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if your not happy with it, I will trade you for a chunk of rhodonite, also a healing stone, and state gem stone of Massachusetts. I will not bring back a slab the size of a Pick up truck, but here is a piece unpolished. 20190623_072258.jpg 20190622_070100.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread