What is this spoon worth?

cindylb411

Aug 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20150827_swastika spoon.jpg
My husband and I found this spoon the other day. Anyone know how old it is or how much it's worth?
There are no other markings on it other than the swastika.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you dig this? I know Some people collect stuff with swastika's on them,are you sure it's a swastika?

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The swastika was used long before the Nazis' took it as their mark and it was a good luck symbol even here in America. With that said, the spoon likely predates WWII. As far as a value? I'd say next to a buck. (Pun intended) But, a really cool find!!!

OP
OP
C

cindylb411

Aug 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spoon was actually stuck in the bottom of an old cabinet that we purchased and as far as I can tell there are absolutely no other markings on it. Just wondering if I should try and clean it up or if it's better to just leave it tarnished?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leave it tarnished. Worth what ever the buyer will pay. Check with Ebay then try pawn shops to get idea of value.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread