Gold Quartz

ghstrydr164

Sep 22, 2015
socal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to get some idea of the value of a Gold Quartz specimen that I acquired some time ago. I do not have the exact measurements or weight as it is currently in a deposit box some distance away because I am presently in the process of moving.

I am posting some old pictures I took 5 or 6 years ago. There is a Morgan Silver Dollar shown for reference and I would say that some of the longer measurements run about 2” to 21/4" in size. The smaller Gold Quartz and Nugget Specimens I have are easy to find enough examples of offered for sale that make it easier to estimate their value but my larger specimen seems to be giving me problems with valuation.

Any help is appreciated and I would like to thank all of you in advance for your time and knowledge on this subject.

gq1.jpg

gq2.jpg

gq3.jpg

gq4.jpg

gq5.jpg

gq6.jpg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,

VERY nice piece there. I don't know if you know how to find the amount of gold in that rock, but here it is:

Weigh the specimen in the air. Then weigh it again in water. Subtract the weight under water from the weight in air, and divide that number into the air weight.

200 grams in air
168 grams under water

200 - 168 = 32, 200/32= 6.25 grams of gold

Specimen prices vary from country to country, state to state, and mine to mine. Some examples being rarer than others.

Best of Luck - Mike

Joe t

Sep 23, 2015
Warren Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett treasure ace 300 and a fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now THATS what i,d like to find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions