1878 cc Morgan , 1879 o Morgan , 1926 Oregon trail 50 cent piece.

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all. The 1878 is a hand me down from family the 1879 and Oregon trail are bought coins
I may be interested in selling if the price is right.
Coins have not been graded. The 1878 never cleaned nice toning. ( hope you can see it in photos ) the other two I suspect have been cleaned ( not by me )
Any ideas on value please drop a line. Thanks eastcoast HH gl image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It is most often difficult to determine grade, value and whether a coin has been cleaned from pics! However, from what I can determine, all three coins have some wear as well as nicks, dings and scratches but appear to be uncirculated. Also, the 1879-O doesn't appear to have been cleaned from what I can tell from the pics and it actually appears to be a toned DMPL Morgan. Even the 1878-CC appears to have some mirrored fields under the toning on it as well but not enough for a DMPL designation. I would recommend taking the coins to an honest and professional Coin Dealer for assessment. If the consensus is that they are uncirculated, then they are valuable enough to warrant certification and grading! If you decide to have the coins certified and graded, the Coin Dealer will determine the best Third Party Grading Service to use but there may be just enough damage on the coins, that PCGS might possibly body bag them.

Good luck!

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions