Black Diamond from Africa

julsy14

Mar 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unnamed.jpg

Good day sir we are trying to sell this black diamon found from south africa then brought to the philippines for atleast 2m$ it is 230grams thank you

OP
OP
J

julsy14

Mar 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
230 grams or 1150 carat.ty

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!!! Cool looking stone! I'm not much help!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

julsy14

Mar 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahahahahha a thing this big kinda hard to sell plus its black ???

OP
OP
J

julsy14

Mar 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks came to extreme lengths to get this loot lol

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never even seen a real black diamond. I had a natural one with a bluish green tint to it before. But not any where near that size! lol
I know nothing about black diamonds. That could be a chunk of coal and I wouldn't know the difference!:laughing7:

OP
OP
J

julsy14

Mar 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well in regards with the coal and diamond it has huge difference mate hahaha just think of the diamond as a flawless babe hahah

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would be sort of hard to put a value on something in a picture.
but nice rock :thumbsup:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
would be sort of hard to put a value on something in a picture.
but nice rock :thumbsup:

Yeah, that for sure, but with the contact details it can now be posted on scam reports. With the wonder 60% face shots, biometrics can identify if someone here happened to work in law enforcement, then that someone could go on and drop those details to the correct nation of concern. Odd enough there is no record of this stone (according to the description) having been exported legally from SA.

OP
OP
J

julsy14

Mar 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im sorry but please don't put a scammer report on baseless assumptions sir. our item is currently being handled by a colonel here in the philippines. please feel free to contact us if you are interested im not forcing anyone. thank you

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that for sure, but with the contact details it can now be posted on scam reports. With the wonder 60% face shots, biometrics can identify if someone here happened to work in law enforcement, then that someone could go on and drop those details to the correct nation of concern. Odd enough there is no record of this stone (according to the description) having been exported legally from SA.

First off Do Not accuse our Members of scams !!!!!

Again Do NOT !!!!!!

they came here asking Value.
it is posted in What is it worth ?

I can't help if other members try to make things look suspicious,
But I Can make them wish thy Didn't.

julsy14
is a Respected Member in my Book, not offering to sell anything.
just showing & asking questions.
do not put thoughts & words in their mouth !

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

julsy14

Mar 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you kind sir.
exactly what im trying to say:icon_thumright:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Black diamonds are very common. They are used to make drill heads, polishing compounds and cutting tools. They are not normally used in jewelry but some people like the price of black diamonds so there are more cut black diamonds becoming available.

Natural transparent black diamond crystal when well faceted can bring as much as $500 per carat retail.
Opaque natural black diamond crystal when faceted sells for up to $125 per carat retail.
This diamond looks like bort (industrial diamond dust) that has been heated into a lump. I've handled a lot of natural diamonds and none of them resembled yours. You might be able to get $50 a carat retail for a well faceted cooked bort stone.

Those are all retail prices. For rough uncut stone you can usually get around 10% - 25% of retail value if you are in the business depending on the stone. One off stones from unknown sellers are difficult to sell.

If you want to know if your diamond is a real natural diamond crystal just leave it overnight in some nitric acid. Diamond cutters use nitric acid to clean the stones before and after cutting. Acids won't have any effect on natural diamond but if your stone is cooked bort it will show gray/white lines on the surface after the acid soaking.

I suspect we will see a lot more industrial black diamond coming on the market for jewelry. The industrial diamond market is now more than 98% man made diamond mostly produced in the U.S. Billions of carats of man made diamonds are produced every year for the industrial market and it's becoming less profitable to deal in the shrinking market for black bort diamond.

Good luck with your diamond sale.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to look and test some black stones I have. I always assumed they were synthetic or some other material. I have bottles of junk we saved from scraping, just pulling stones and not really checking them. I may have seen one and just didn't realize or even test to see what it was. :occasion14: Now, I have to dig the stuff out today just see if I have a black diamond! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

julsy14

Mar 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you sir for that very informative comment :thumbsup:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1306419

Good day sir we are trying to sell this black diamon found from south africa then brought to the philippines for atleast 2m$ it is 230grams thank you

So you want to sell it for 2m$ ?
Is that Philippine peso?

Would equal $42,521.07 USD
That's about $37 usd per carat.

Pretty pricey for a raw bort diamond.
I wish you well and have a nice day.

GG~

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off Do Not accuse our Members of scams !!!!!

Again Do NOT !!!!!!

they came here asking Value.
it is posted in What is it worth ?

I can't help if other members try to make things look suspicious,
But I Can make them wish thy Didn't.

julsy14
is a Respected Member in my Book, not offering to sell anything.
just showing & asking questions.
do not put thoughts & words in their mouth !

Not to be the contrarian, but he very clearly stated "we are trying to sell"

OP
OP
J

julsy14

Mar 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well like what i've said sir. we are trying to sell it but i didnt mean here at the forum but we are open.thank you

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost looks like a melt, but pictures can be deceiving. Best price, try a museum. My dad once told me the time to sell or buy is when you have a buyer and a seller that will agree on a price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions