My Sons First Treasure Find! :)

parsonshunt

Aug 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Hi All, We are from Australia, My son is 8 and lives and breathes all things metal detecting. He recently purchased his own first mine lab go find 40 and we went out today for some prospecting in a forest where a homestead used to be. He is so excited and thinks he found his first flat button. Could anyone help him please identify this and any info about it would be much appreciated and if there would be any value to it as he is wanting to know values to work his way up to the his next Detector. Thanks, Harrison(8) John(Dad)

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome you both to Tnet. Congratulations on a wonderful first find. Some button guys will be able to help out. I find it exciting that you have a young'un in this hobby.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I love it! Tell him for me, good job finding an ornate keeper!

Keep it up! :thumb_up:

powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love buttons. Too bad I don't know much about them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Pixeljunkie

Tenderfoot
Jul 1, 2016
Larned, Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell your son that the value of that item is "Priceless" because he will never ever be able to find another first treasure ever again. Congrats on having a son with a similar interest. Thank you for being an awesome Dad. Any man can father a child. It takes a true man to be a dad.

If I were you and that was what my son discovered I would go out and buy a clear coin holder that is for a coin of the same size and put that in the clear case. I would then let him carry it, display it, show it to all of his friends that ask about metal detecting, or whatever he wants to do with it.

Thank you for sharing your story. Makes me miss my 2 adult age sons even more now.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way Cool - Congrats from New York! :occasion14:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Congrats to your Son, Harrison, on his first find. I started when I was 11. I'm 58 now. I never stopped all these years. May he have a great life full of Fun, Finds & Adventure. God Bless. Show him these Posts. Maybe frame the find so he will have it all his life to show Folks ok. PEACE:RONB :headbang:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions