BEER!

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0919161735.jpg

so i found where my grandfather stored his beer today. this is just a small mix of the different varieties. All are unopened( but some are empty, yet no puncture holes) . Not all in the best of shape. i was gonna just unload them on craigslist but wanted to get an idea of what to charge. thanks in advance.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you get enough for some GOOD beer! :occasion14:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know there are collectors out there The Billy beer might be worth checking out .Named after Jimmy Carters brother.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but a full can of Billy Beer is worth about 25 cents, as would any full can.
Emptys, what to charge, just like silver, scrap value.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but a full can of Billy Beer is worth about 25 cents, as would any full can.
Emptys, what to charge, just like silver, scrap value.

They sell on E-bay for 14.99 it's all in who wants it.

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to eBay. In search Type in Collector Beer cans, Bar Collectables, Brewmania, Bill Beer ect. Then go to Completed items, it's on the left hand side of the category you are looking in, you may have to scroll down to find completed listings and then click on it and you can see what previous items sold for.
I have sold many Beer cans on eBay, Full and Empty.
Toolman Butch

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see any that I recognize as being particularly rare... but they are all worth at least a few bucks a piece except for the Billy Beer, which like Seeker said is pretty much worthless to collectors.

I would punch them on the bottom of the cans and drain them, the old beer inside isn't worth anything

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would punch them on the bottom of the cans and drain them, the old beer inside isn't worth anything

Sheesh ... just because they are old does not mean they still wont open on top...

You miss your mouth this way. :P

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah, yes... I see a Schaefer on the far left. Brings back memories of my misspent youth! Now all you need is some Rheingold to go along with it.

I held onto a case of Billy Beer for about 3 years that I bought when it was first sold before I realized it would never be worth as much as I originally paid for it, just another example of "poor judgment" on my part! Good luck with the sales!
HH
dts

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, yes... I see a Schaefer on the far left. Brings back memories of my misspent youth! Now all you need is some Rheingold to go along with it.

I held onto a case of Billy Beer for about 3 years that I bought when it was first sold before I realized it would never be worth as much as I originally paid for it, just another example of "poor judgment" on my part! Good luck with the sales!
HH
dts

You struck another lake Find Memory when you mentioned

DSCF0002.JPG

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unfortunately pull tab cans don't have the value of early flat tops.

DSCF0003.JPG

and Cones.

DSCF0008.JPG Untitled.jpg

but as a Whole, you have a Nice Condition Beginner Collection for someone :icon_thumright:

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
some of those cans bring back memories. we all collected beer cans in the 70's. it was a big thing. we did not have x box or computers. we collected beer cans. wonder what happened to all those collections? dont sell your grandpa's stuff. u may want that someday. the longer they are dead, the more stuff like that tends to mean. just my two cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread