Help me please! I bought some rare gold and I need help

Jere1977

Apr 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I recently piced up what I believe to be rare gold specimen with quarts. I know very little in the subject and I am just beginning my research. I had the gold acid tested and it passed 14k and 24k tests.

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

Any info would be helpful and much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You should keep it until you need the money. Good luck.

I agree! It appears to be Crystalline Gold which is the rarest and most often, the most beautiful Gold on this Earth! Combine that with the Newspaper clipping of where and when it came from in the display with them, then you have some very valuable specimens. If you have to sell them, then they would be best sold by a reputable Auction House such as Sotheby's, Christie's or Heritage where they will get the promoting, attention and interest they deserve.

Frank

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree! It appears to be Crystalline Gold which is the rarest and most often, the most beautiful Gold on this Earth! Combine that with the Newspaper clipping of where and when it came from in the display with them, then you have some very valuable specimens. If you have to sell them, then they would be best sold by a reputable Auction House such as Sotheby's, Christie's or Heritage where they will get the promoting, attention and interest they deserve.

Frank

I'm with Frank. Heritage Auctions would be my choice. You can also go to their web site and browse around to try and find something similar and what it sold for. www.ha.com

Hawk_

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2017
New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
doninbrewster and Frank are on the money with this. Heritage Auctions is the best way to go with stuff like this. It is a well established auction site where buyers are not cheap when it comes to collecting. To sell this as a collection as a whole is awesome. Once you send it to HA they will appraise it and tell you the facts . Great find!

mn9000

Oct 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly wouldn't be handling it or testing it any further. It could be very valuable & needs to remain protected until an expert can appraise it for you. Mailing it to an expert may also to be a challenge for you. The Post Office is notorious for tossing & smashing packages these days. Fed ex isn't much better. Time=profits in the mailing business and they don't care much about package care the way they used to.

Hopefully you live near a big city they had appraisal services within driving distance.

AWESOME FIND!!! PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON WHAT YOU FIND OUT ABOUT IT!!!!!

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the weights of the specimens?

Where in the World are you located?

Can you provide images with a ruler next to them?

Thanks!

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are really amazing, special and valuable! Congrats! All of these members have given you excellent advice.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not going to lie, from my cellphone those small images look like upside down pokemon cards.

On another note, excellent looking specimens!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread