Hebrew journal with a map in the end of it

zargoun

Greenie
May 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i need help to translate this and if its valuable.
there is a map in the end of it, looks like it leads to a treasure

2mg2f80.jpg

OP
OP
Z

zargoun

Greenie
May 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Zargoun...
Don't know where you live but try asking at any Synagogue.
Good luck,
Mark.

I live in a place where there is no jews or any Synagogue

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Remember that religious books of various kinds often include maps. Check a good Christian study bible. It would be interesting to see the map page, OP.

OP
OP
Z

zargoun

Greenie
May 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zargoun lives in Libya and has contributed several interesting items to TNet for identification over the last few years.
Don.......

Thanks for the support
Not all the things found by me, for example this one is for someone. He is selling it so I have to ask some professionals for an opinion

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks very old. Could it be an old Torah? Maybe check on a Hebrew website where you can ask questions. I hope this helps and hope that you find out exactly what it is and what is on that map. Best of luck to you and let us know when you find out. It would be very interesting!

Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's a Torah, there's a reason why there could be a map. If you look at modern bibles, most of them have maps detailing where a lot of the ancient bible cities were. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a map in the back. The other thing to remember hebrew reads right to left....

algeus

Aug 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This looks like a Torah scroll.I don't really think somebody would add any maps to it...Can you show at least part of it?

CSpringfield

Feb 10, 2018
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I read Hebrew (Bible translator and have studied scrolls extensively), and can tell you for certain that this is a portion of a Torah scroll. From the photo details it does look like a legitimate scroll, although fakes are possible. Specifically, what you have that is visible to the eye is part of Genesis. From the top of the text closest to the rolled section, it begins with Genesis 41:46, and ends at the bottom of the scroll at the beginning of Genesis 44:22. If what you have is legitimate, it is probably worth more for what it is than any map that it might contain.

Any further details would be helpful to establish provenance if the map has anything to do with the locale of where it originated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread