Pre Columbian Aztec/Mayan Necklace

NewFinder

Tenderfoot
May 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and thank you for viewing! I was wondering if someone could put a price of this pre columbian necklace. My grandfather dug it up himself, along with many other items, and passed this down to me. I'm attending college and could use some money. So anything would help. The necklace is made of green rock, not sure exactly what. The tooth shaped stone is very smooth and appears to have been attatched to the necklace originally. Feel free to give some input, thank you. 20170411_142339.jpg 20170411_142346.jpg 20170411_142114.jpg

Last edited:

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought -
If its that old, and dug, why is the string so clean?
restrung? Did you polish the stones, cleaned and refurbished ?
May hurt the value
Just asking

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to buy those beads in Mexico for a buck apiece, don't know what they are worth today. The string is definitely not original, so the necklace isn't either, it is strung from various beads that were not likely from the same necklace originally. I doubt you will get enough money to buy more than a few cases of good beer, since thousands of these beads have been dug up. Depending on where they were found they could also be Olmec or Toltec. The "tooth shaped thing" look like a shell, not a stone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NewFinder

Tenderfoot
May 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The string is in no way original, sorry I should've mentioned that, and from what i can see it does seem like they have been cleaned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions