Wondering what there worth

Heatherts

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently moved into a 400 acre farm in the mountains of east Tn. That has a creek that runs through the whole property with billions upon billions of rocks. Found a few ghat might be of allure and was hoping to get some options. Thanks 20170510_230422.jpg 20170510_230514.jpg 20170510_230422.jpg 20170510_230422.jpg

Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like an arrowhead with the point broken off. The dark one is tough to see ,but it looks like a whole point. Since your new to T-Net, Welcome. When posting questions, please keep this in mind. Try to show reference objects in your pictures.... Like a modern coin, a dollar bill or even a ruler. This helps all of us to be able to give you our best guess. The dark point should be on a white or lighter background to give more detail. My Uncle who collected more than 8,000 points, spear points, scrapers, grinders..., told me the best time to look for points, is a freshly plowed field after a rain. The points sparkle like diamonds on the ground,when you catch them in the sunlight The broken one has no value, other than you found an actual piece of history in your area. Since we don't have any reference for size, we really can't give you an idea for price without identifying it......Good luck.

Last edited:

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently moved into a 400 acre farm in the mountains of east Tn. That has a creek that runs through the whole property with billions upon billions of rocks. Found a few ghat might be of allure and was hoping to get some options. Thanks View attachment 1450144 View attachment 1450145 View attachment 1450144 View attachment 1450144

Lucky you! You will be able to find many arrowheads and Cherokee Indian relics and artifacts such as beads and even pottery fragments as they always had their campsites near water and many have ended up in the water. If you do any plowing on your land you will unearth many, many more. It's best to do ground searching after or during a hard rain. I have collected many arrowheads and artifacts in the Smoky Mountains. A lot of mine from there are the oldest types and most are made of white and other colors of quartz so be on the lookout for those too. You would be amazed at just how much money arrowheads can be worth depending on the type, rarity and condition such as completely intact and unbroken and some are valued in the tens of thousands. You need to buy a book on how much arrowheads are worth and there are many available. Happy Hunting and on your own land too!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread